The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Minecraft (Public Forum) (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/)
-   -   Map Updates? (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/327336-map-updates.html)

Bazz 1st November 2010 12:00 PM

Map Updates?

Just wondering if the map is updating correctly?

I went wandering off to a new area (on the map it's 'up' from Eagle's Reach), and I am unable to see it on the map?

Manuzza 1st November 2010 12:31 PM

We changed the version of the Minecraft server, then we changed the map to a new world, then we changed it back. The map render was in an odd state.

I have just updated the map render software, cleaned out 20GB or cache and rendered map and started the process again. Once I am satisfied that it is working properly I will restart the automatic update process.

Hopefully this will all be completed today.

Manuzza

Bazz 1st November 2010 12:37 PM

Cheers Manuzza - Love your work.

Manuzza 1st November 2010 04:58 PM

Ok the map is updated, but it looks wrong. That's because the grass and leaf textures are now grey, but Minecraft then adds a different level of green over the grey to indicate how cold the environemnt is. The map renderer does not currently handle this, but a fix is being worked on.

Please be patient until the map render software is updated.

Manuzza

Non Action Man 1st November 2010 05:48 PM

Wow you guys have been busy!

Sorontar 1st November 2010 06:52 PM

We certainly have been out on our own little exploratory expeditions. :^) But how many of us set warp points so we can get back? I noticed that yet again, Manuzza has claimed land on the "edge of the world". One more time and I think we can call it a tradition.

Sorontar 1st November 2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuzza (Post 2945893)
Ok the map is updated, but it looks wrong. That's because the grass and leaf textures are now grey, but Minecraft then adds a different level of green over the grey to indicate how cold the environemnt is. The map renderer does not currently handle this, but a fix is being worked on.

It is interesting that there is a small patch of green in the world map. Perhaps the Darkness shall not take over Fantasia after all.

Non Action Man 1st November 2010 07:21 PM

So, do the badies work?

Obsi 1st November 2010 07:24 PM

that would explain why leaves now make grey "dust" stuff as you break them

Manuzza 1st November 2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorontar (Post 2945998)
We certainly have been out on our own little exploratory expeditions. :^) But how many of us set warp points so we can get back? I noticed that yet again, Manuzza has claimed land on the "edge of the world". One more time and I think we can call it a tradition.

Not true. There ar LOTS of warps along those paths. But only the publisged warps and the "claim" warps automatically appear on the map!

And yes, but for how long will it be the edge of the world?

Manuzza.