Everyone likes competitions where you can win stuff don't they? Good, in that case....
Everyone's familiar with the mundanely titled "Minecraft for Dummies..." post I started. Well to coincide with the "EOI for The Tipster
" we're kicking off a competition for a new name for the hints, tips, etc sticky.
How to Enter:
Post in this thread (or pm Thermal Ions) with your suggested Name (and optional title graphic incorporating the name) for the new "Hints, Tips, etc" sticky.
- Open to all TOG members, and players on the TOG Minecraft Server (including our junior players, via their parents as necessary)
- You may enter as many times as you like
- Entries may be posted here in this thread or pm'ed to Thermal Ions
- Entries must be suitable for a thread title (i.e. text), but may also take the form of a graphical image incorporating the text which could be used at the top of the first post.
- A short-list of finalists will be compiled by myself, and anyone else who hasn't entered that I can con into it. You've been warned, if you enter you get out of the short-listing job.
- The finalists will be posted up for people to vote on. Voting open to all those per #1. Kids without forum access can get their parents to pm me with their vote and I'll manually add it in. You can vote for your own submission.
- Assuming "The Tipster" doesn't come up with some weird and wonderful approach which makes it null and void, the winning entry will be used as the new sticky name / image.
- Rules subject to change at the discretion of the DC (I've probably missed / stuffed up something here)
In case people want to incorporate the name of "The Tipster" into their submission, the competition will close in just over 2 weeks - 26th November 2010
(hopefully about 1 week after "The Tipster" is selected).
Yeah, but what is the prize?
A copy of Minecraft for yourself or to give to a friend
(consider the new server access rules
in regards to playing on our server however - they will still apply to the winner/friend).
If one of the kids wins, then I'll throw in something of small value for them too (worked out with the relative parent/s).