Old 15th November 2010, 03:16 PM   #31 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2056

Lurking

they get unloaded? Hmm, I'll have to look at this, see what happens, or do you loose the cart?

I know if you hit the end of the rendering range and get stuck, you loose track and the cart :P

Mine carts seem to follow the principals of magnets, when you run 1 into the 2nd, its like 2 NN or SS poles of magnets coming into range, they come close then push off, I guess thats the principal of a booster, the booster range is only 1 block, so it will boost an adjacent cart on the next block/track, but not the 2nd track across, mind you, a track that runs opposite to the direction of track 1, and is adjacent, will hamper carts going in the other direction

Incline seems to be 1 full block wide by the same high (45 degrees incline)

you can use a forge inside a cart to make the cart powered, but a powered cart that doesn't have fuel doesn't like being pushed

I'm interested to know how to remove the forge back out of the cart, mine is currently just pushed to the side for now.

Pitfalls, if the pit is big enough, the cart can fall inside it

postcount=++
SnakeTails is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15th November 2010, 03:41 PM   #32 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk

Powered minecarts don'to work on SMP yet, do they?
Old 15th November 2010, 04:21 PM   #33 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2056

Lurking

Powered mine carts work on the tog.swoit.as server...

postcount=++
SnakeTails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 05:19 PM   #34 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 76

Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeTails View Post
I'm interested to know how to remove the forge back out of the cart, mine is currently just pushed to the side for now.
The only way to remove the forge from a cart is to break the Powered Minecart. When broken, not a Powered Minecart is released, but instead a seperate Forge and Cart is dropped.
Optical Array is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 05:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1636

Amused

Minecarts are so much fun!

Trying to get my siding working via a floor switch, but I seem to have an issue of either the cart goes over it too fast or just stops dead on top of the switch :/
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2010, 07:59 PM   #36 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8333 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Looking at that subway clip, he used boosters next to the switches to boost the cart over the switch.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 08:18 AM   #37 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3670

Cynical

I have a test station nearly finished, with cart recycling, but i have some ideas on optimisation. its at nam.valley

NAM

"I am a Pantera's box you do not want to open" - Mr. Furious
Non Action Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 10:24 AM   #38 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9204

Default flipflops and stations

I managed to work out a flipflop circuit that works with a button/pressure pad combination to allow the track to divert to a platform on request (then resets after travelling over the pad). I will try implementing it on the canal cartline near spawn.

So NAM, will your cart recycle help at the station platform? I have been trying to think of how I can get a cart to stop and start at a platform. Most of the ideas I have had involve tracks that go into walls, changing the directions of tracks and releasing boosters on request. They all sound very complex for little old me. I am only just starting to get the hang of the flipflop (also managed to use it to open an iron door from a distance with a pressure pad).

Sorontar
Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 12:56 PM   #39 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3670

Cynical

Dude, you just made a working flip flop, the rest should be simple in comparison!

My cart collector isn't finished yet, but the cart magazine and dispensing system is working, I just need to optimise it, so you don't need to push s button to get a cart. But thinking about it, pushing a button to request a cart might be a good option, it will stop the cattle clogging up the system!

My recycling system will involve a booster cart that collects the cart once you get out, the. Returns it to the magazine. I was also thinking of putting in an collector for carts that accidentally get sent without anyone in them- if you jump in the cart, then jump out before the booster arrives, returning the cart to the stack.

Another idea I had to try and solve the cattle problem , and in future, maybe zombies, is to usu auto opening and closing doors as the cart goes by on the out going and incoming lines.

I am interested in what other complex circuits that might be possible, but the amount of space required gets big quickly!

"I am a Pantera's box you do not want to open" - Mr. Furious

Last edited by Non Action Man; 16th November 2010 at 01:05 PM.
Non Action Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2010, 01:06 PM   #40 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non Action Man View Post
Dude, you just made a working flip flop, the rest should be simple in comparison!
The main challenge was understanding the wiki diagrams (Redstone circuits - Minepedia - The Minecraft Wiki!).

Quote:
But thinking about it, pushing a button to request a cart might be a good option, it will stop the cattle clogging up the system!
So, a few questions before I visit your place again tonight
  1. How do you stop a cart?
  2. What happens to a cart once you exit?
  3. How do you get a new cart (or get into the old one)?
  4. How do you start the cart?
Sorontar
Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote