Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th December 2010, 02:54 PM   #81 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

A Wikipedia link for those wanting more information on IPoAC (Internet Protocol over Avian Carriers), the 2 related RFC's, and Winston's exploits.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th December 2010, 02:59 PM   #82 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 467

Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuzza View Post
Orcneas, what does it feel like to be an outcast at parties?

Manuzza
Not sure, probably the same as having no internet?

Oh to be one of the kool kidz and actually be invited to parties .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
A Wikipedia link for those wanting more information on IPoAC (Internet Protocol over Avian Carriers), the 2 related RFC's, and Winston's exploits.
That makes it sound like its only a joke - my version of reality is crumbling!

Last edited by Orcneas; 10th December 2010 at 03:05 PM.
Orcneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 02:25 PM   #83 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 1326

Internet Update:

"Sir your internet is currently working."

"No it isn't"

"Yes it is."

"NO IT ISN'T. I am getting an authentication error."

"Okay, just let me check a few things here..."

<15 minute of hold music>

"Sir the tool that lets me reset the password is currently upgrading itself. Can you call back in an hour and we will try again?"

WTF?

On top of all of that they STILL have not called me, still have not sent me the modem I supposedly need, or anything else. So I supposedly have internet but I cannot use it!

Manuzza
Manuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 02:52 PM   #84 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

unbelievable!

you should let me call them... I've been on the phone to paypal and the funancial industry ombudsman today, so I'm in the appropriate "cranky consumer who won't be pushed around" state
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2010, 06:13 PM   #85 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2

Just when you thought it could not get any more incompetent:

Called Tesltra back after 1:30 hours (30 minutes after promised call back). Stated AGAIN that the login and password is not working. They told me the account looks good and resets the password to a random one and then gives it to me. Tried it and it failed. Asked for configuration information and they told me I had an unsupported modem and to call Netcomm.

Called Netcomm and they were next to useless.

Called Telstra and explained my login is not working AGAIN. They checked my account and said it all looked goof and reset my password AGAIN. Tried the password again and I could not get a login. They put me on hold where I sat for 20 minutes before I was disconnected.

Caled Telstra again and explained my login issues again. Was immediately told they would transfer me to a supervisor (then tried to transfer me by pushing buttons on the phone without actually putting me on hold). Eventually I was transferred to their supervisor.

Explained it AGAIN. They tried to troubleshoot the problem with me but it was clear he was totally clueless about technology. I had to tell him the model of the modem multiple times, and every time I explained to him it was not wireless. I told him I was logged into the modem multiple times and then he tried to step me through logging in to the modem in oder to get a connection. Eventually he put me on hold to speak to activations and came back with:

"Your account has not been activated yet because there is some kind of issue. Activations told you that during your first call."

I explained that nobody told me that and if that was the case why did I spend the next 3 hours on the phone with numerous people, none of whom mentioned the note, none of whom indicated that there was an issue with the internet connect, all of which tried to work out why my password would not work.

His response was, quite simply, "That's what the notes say."

He transferred me to activations, waited a long time to speak to someone. He confirmed that I was "told it would take 48 hours" once again and could not explain why I spent the next 3 or so hours on the phone trying to get my internet connection working.

He explained the reason my account had not been activated was because the warehouse had not shipped my modem! So even though I am not required to use it, because it has not been shipped my account has not been activated. It took 3 hours on the phone to find that out!

He promoted me to HIS supervisor and was given the same lines: I was told (according to the notes), the modem I do not need has not been shipped, there is nothing they can do about it.

So now I wait another 48 hours for the next installment on this adventure!

Manuzza
Old 13th December 2010, 07:18 PM   #86 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

You need to go to the telecommunications ombudsman.....!

Tell them you want working internet within 12 hours, or you'll contact the ombudsman.
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 08:25 PM   #87 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1456

Lurking

that suxs mate

just completely suxy
on Proudmoore
Dela Fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 10:32 AM   #88 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2

SO to complete the picture we got our first phone bill yesterday - complete with the wrong plan... Had to call them again to get that fixed.

On the upside I finally have internet - tried it yesterday afternoon and it worked, despite the modem I *need* not actually showing up yet.

So now I can start a complaint and compensation claim against Telstra!

Manuzza
Old 15th December 2010, 10:49 AM   #89 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9173

Good luck mate. Hopefully the ombudsman has at least finished primary school, unlike it seems most of Telstra.
Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2010, 08:29 PM   #90 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8321 TOG Silver Level Supporter

This is really amazing. For them to mess up this badly they really have to TRY to make it worse, you can't just do this stuff by mistake. You have to give them some credit for that
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is online now   Reply With Quote