Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th December 2010, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2181

Dead
Default Single Player Help

Hey guys and girls

I'm looking for some help.
My 5 year old had decided she likes the look of this minecraft so i'm glad to introduce her. I'm looking to be able to do a few things for my own sanity.
In the last 2 days i cant think how many time ive heard "DADDY, HELP ME, I CANT FIND MY HOUSE" or "DADDY, ITS DARK, I'M SCARED'

Is there any way i can set like a spawn on a single player game and change day only mode???

Thanks guys

Old 18th December 2010, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 76

Bored

To find your daughter's house, you could use either a mapper, to make an overhead picture of the world, or a map viewer.

If you wish to change your spawnpoint, then I know of two ways.
1. Using MCEdit, you can move your "spawnblock" to the desired position. It can be a bit annoying to get used to the controls for the program though.
-OR-
2. Using MineEdit, you can copy and paste your current co-ordinates (viewable from program) into the spawnpoint co-ordinates.

I have tried the latter, and it seemed to work, but I ended up spawning 1 block too low. So my body was in the ground, while my head was above the ground. However, no damage is taken from this, and jumping will uproot yourself.

Change back to daytime? It can get a bit annoying, but a program called TimeChanger will do it. However, I beleive it shan't make the world permanently day. Everytime it goes night, you have to exit to the menu, go to the program, and change the time again.

Note: I haven't tried this out, so it may not work.

I recomend backing up the world first though, just to be on the safe side, if something does go haywire!

Glad to be of any help!

~Cheers!~
Optical
Optical Array is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 04:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9238

The main mod most people use is hMod from hey0. Many mods actually rely on this one. This targets the multiplayer server but may work in single player. It has various helpful tools like /time to reset the time of day and allows /setspawn to set the spawn to where-ever you want. /sethome is another good one. If you are running a server, you can also do thinks like turn off animals, damage, monsters etc.
Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2181

Dead

Thanks heaps guys.
I actually googled hey0 mod for single player and found a mod that a guy has put together that is like a basic hmod for single player.

I tried it out and it works a treat

[MOD] Single Player Commands [1.2.6|V1.2] - Minecraft Forums

Last edited by blacksok; 19th December 2010 at 04:39 PM.
blacksok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2010, 05:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Glad to hear your sanity is no longer at risk.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote