Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th January 2011, 11:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2056

Lurking
Default Whats changed on the TOG build server?

Hi, I just jumped on to the TOG free build server and found I can no longer place blocks outside the Radius limit of the players, if I try to mine a block from this area, it gets filled back in, if I place a block in there, it get put back in to my inventory...

I was hitting the boundary, finding "valuables" and then mining as far as I could, and replacing with cobblestone to get the mined material to jump back so I could reclaim it, now this is impossible :P

It would have been better to make Diamond pic-axe's indestructible

postcount=++
SnakeTails is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14th January 2011, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245

That might be due to the fact that I updated the mods the other day so that the ones in the creative server matched the versions in the survival server. There is enough land within the border to get all the resources you need. You shouldn't need to exploit a previous flaw in the mods.

Sorontar
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 10:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Lurking

Nah, it was more to do with what I was doing..

removing and placing blocks on the perimeter, thats why I was after the aerial map

You walk, hit the boundary, bounce back, place block there, now I have to place the block 1 tile in from the boundary, which means, bouncing, walking back 1 tile then placing..

If you go "/warp east" you'll see my little wall :P

postcount=++
Old 14th January 2011, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245

I had noticed that some border markers had been placed at a few places. The key border warps used by me when updating are border.w/e/n/s. Some of these land you in water. Please do not change them.

I recommend that you change your warp to snaketails.east to prevent confusion.
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Lurking

Ahhh ok, I was just naming it as the most distant you can go... but ok, I'll rename, once I can get back in

postcount=++