Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th January 2011, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9248

Default Test Creative Server now has Bukkit and Mods

As the title says, the test creative server now runs using Bukkit and various mods. Hopefully, you will find the feel of it rather similar to what we knew and loved with hMod and its associates.

Bukkit and the mods are all very much pre-alpha. I have been testing the development versions on my own PC and found them working surprisingly well. There is a large community of people doing likewise, so they are getting lots of feedback. However, before we add these to our normal creative and survival worlds, we need to test them on the test worlds. Please tell us if anything odd occurs or you don't seem to be able to execute commands that others do.

The basic set of commands are listed in-game in the /help list. They are:
/help
/who
/spawn
/home
/tp
/warp
/me
Admins and mods can /give and do other funky stuff. We also have an antigriefing mod running and a indestructible glass border set at 1000 blocks from spawn. There is a whitelist and players belong to the same groups and colours as we originally used.

So have fun. Set warps. Set homes. Tp to each other. Talk to each other. And tell us if anything goes wrong

Sorontar
ps. Yes, I do aim to test it on the test survival world also, but that has different commands that need to be organised.

Last edited by Sorontar; 25th January 2011 at 10:25 PM.
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25th January 2011, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8353 TOG Silver Level Supporter

You didn't mention /sethome and /setwarp but I assume they are there as it would be pretty stupid to leave them out but keep /home and /warp
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 10:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalusAlpha View Post
You didn't mention /sethome and /setwarp but I assume they are there as it would be pretty stupid to leave them out but keep /home and /warp
Yep, I was being general. There are various commands associated with warps, teleports and home. The /help list will help guide you to more information.

Sorontar
Old 25th January 2011, 10:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

One vital bit I am not sure of is whether the whitelist is case sensitive. If you can't login in due to the whitelist, send us a note. The whitelist is just the same one we used to use. Likewise, if your name is white when you talk, you haven't been correctly placed in a group (and shouldn't be able to dig or place blocks).

Sorontar
Old 26th January 2011, 08:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 574

Amused

One thing to note - with the current creative settings - is that if you fall into lava you will die and lose everything you carry. This is because you are not immune to damage, you just automatically heal yourself after the damage is taken.
Cheers,
C.
Old 26th January 2011, 11:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4025

Cheeky

also, just so people know... /sethome is now /home set
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 04:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 289

Could you let me know what mods you are using to do /home and /warp?

Rakshala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 1389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheith View Post
One thing to note - with the current creative settings - is that if you fall into lava you will die and lose everything you carry. This is because you are not immune to damage, you just automatically heal yourself after the damage is taken.
Cheers,
C.
indeed. and you can fall far enough and die as well.
exekewtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 08:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshala View Post
Could you let me know what mods you are using to do /home and /warp?
Versions of SimpleWarp and MyHome. To find the full range of commands available to you, type '/warp' or '/home help'.
Old 28th January 2011, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 574

Amused

Did notice one strange thing - was disconnected last night near the great glass wall and when I logged back in this morning (before my brain was functioning) I found I was near the top of the wall hovering there. Needless to say, as I was not thinking, I moved and fell to my instant death losing all my stuff again!!

I also think the performance on the creative server with these mods is not as good as before, but that may just be an illusion on my part as there are too many other variables in play.
C.