Old 5th February 2011, 08:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3916

Doh
Default Survival FTW

Been playing a bit over the last couple of days on the Survival server and have really been enjoying it.

I've got a Tower built and have been fiddling with some redstone switches etc - which works really well now in multiplayer. I built a vault that needs unlocking before you can enter and has a red light outside if it is locked. I wasn't sure if the public can build and/or take stuff from your chests so thought I would try to protect it.

I've noticed the server connection has been a little flakey over the last day. Is this a scheduled time?

I can't remember where spawn is but I'm south of Wizen's pad.

Old 5th February 2011, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!at View Post
I've got a Tower built and have been fiddling with some redstone switches etc - which works really well now in multiplayer. I built a vault that needs unlocking before you can enter and has a red light outside if it is locked. I wasn't sure if the public can build and/or take stuff from your chests so thought I would try to protect it.
With the whitelist active, no public can enter any of our servers. However, we haven't seen the need to use any chest protection mods, so yes, any players can open and take from your chests. However, that would be considered stealing and is a no-no. If you are worried, place your chest in the ground or behind a wall. As long as you know which block to remove, it will be easy to access.

Quote:
I've noticed the server connection has been a little flakey over the last day. Is this a scheduled time?
I have noticed that the server connection does seem to fail a lot more than it used to. The server logs get warning messages about it. I don't know whether that is the machinery or the game. The machines are also used for Exe's commercial customers, TOG TF2 and TOG Mumble. The biggest slowdown is normally at 1am AEDST when backups start.

Sorontar
Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 113

Breezy

Yeah, there's apparently some sort of authentication server migration going on. I mean, if they were smart, they'd be using virtualized servers. However, given that this is a game written in a language designed (largely) for data management and not for gaming, non-virtualized servers is about what I'd expect.

I really hope that whatever is causing this authentication server downtime ends soon, because I need my minecraft fix.
Old 6th February 2011, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 1389

worse, the are using amazon EC2, so you get all the downsides of virtualisation, and none of the upsides.
exekewtable is offline   Reply With Quote