Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th February 2011, 07:45 AM   #41 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1666

Happy

Not sure if its related to the spawn protection or not. But the doors in the spawn fortress are crazy

Was looking at a way to connect to those tunnels and couldnt get through some of those doors.

Old 13th February 2011, 08:03 AM   #42 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1616

Amused

I thought the doors were removed to stop that issue? (Due to spawn protection!!!!)
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 08:16 AM   #43 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8321 TOG Silver Level Supporter

The door to my base is still there, but on the other hand it worked when I used it...
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 12:15 PM   #44 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1666

Happy

At least for me.

Couldn't get through the door to the Locker Room.

I can enter the Door to Daedalus Tunnel, but once it closes I can't get back through into spawn from the other side.

Was trying to get some measurements for a tunnel system I was working on to connect to some of my buildings and try to get semi close to spawn.

Skirted your area Daedalus hope you don't mind the couple connections I hooked up into your works. I also apparently built my lighthouse right ontop of one your mines (Mine B).
Old 13th February 2011, 02:00 PM   #45 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misnik View Post
I can enter the Door to Daedalus Tunnel, but once it closes I can't get back through into spawn from the other side.
That is the behaviour seen when the doors interact with the spawn protection as I understand it.

If there's a tunnel involved then moving the doors a little further along the tunnel may help. I'll have a look today to see if I can move it.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 10:44 PM   #46 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8321 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Quote:
Skirted your area Daedalus hope you don't mind the couple connections I hooked up into your works. I also apparently built my lighthouse right ontop of one your mines (Mine B).
Perfectly ok by me
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 10:51 AM   #47 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9173

Quote:
At least for me.
Couldn't get through the door to the Locker Room.
Strange. I thought I removed that one. I must have re-added it when I was testing something. Sorry. Removed it now.

Quote:
Yeah, I left the "private" tunnels for the users to deal with. I have now removed those doors, but left the pressure pads for reference. Where possible, I placed new doors further down the corridors. At the moment, I don't know where the spawn protection stops, since it doesn't affect me.

I haven't tested double doors. That might be a solution to our problem (or as has been suggested, just put the doors further down the corridors).

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 14th February 2011 at 11:09 AM.
Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 08:14 PM   #48 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
At the moment, I don't know where the spawn protection stops, since it doesn't affect me.
I found the same when I jumped on to take a look myself. I ended up getting Opti to log in to test what worked for him, but even logged in with Admin permissions I couldn't remove the doors. Intended to come back later and temporarily move spawn so I could fix them up, but RL interfered on getting back when the server was empty.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 10:01 AM   #49 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
I found the same when I jumped on to take a look myself. I ended up getting Opti to log in to test what worked for him, but even logged in with Admin permissions I couldn't remove the doors. Intended to come back later and temporarily move spawn so I could fix them up, but RL interfered on getting back when the server was empty.
Because this is a Minecraft issue, not a mods one, being Admin isn't enough. You have to be ops. Getting around spawn protection is about the only thing it is now needed for. But yes, shifting spawn would have been a way to get around that. Anyone who can login to the server can make you ops Thermal, but for now, I am the only one on the ops list, simply because I have been the only one who needed to use it.

Sorontar
Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote