Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th March 2011, 12:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9133

Default Bukkit and mod updated for MC 1.3

Okay, I have updated Bukkit and its mods for the main Creative and Survival worlds. The commands are basically the same as they have been on the test worlds. These are now the active worlds.

The only thing outstanding is warps for the creative world. They are sort-of converted to work with a new mod but there is more work to be done. So you'll just have to cope without them for a few days. I will elaborate on what you can do with the new mod when we are finished.

But your /homes should be fine and /spawn and /tp work.

The borders still exist but they are invisible. In some places there will still be a glass wall, but this may or may not be indestructible. Any new border chunks will not have a glass wall.

PvP is still something to turn on and off. It is not governed by zones of the world.

One thing though. Most burning logs in fireplaces seem to have burnt themselves out. Spawn village did not burn down I saw my fireplace there initially was alight but 30 secs later, it was out.

Tell us if you have any problems.

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 7th March 2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: grammatical typo
Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 5th March 2011, 01:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8306 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Yey!
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 09:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Thanks for your work on this Sorontar.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 11:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 98

Inspired

Fantastic, thanks for the dedication!
isaac.retox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Lurking

Warps now Available

Warps are now in place on the creative server. The new mod (MyWarp) for warping provides additional functionality, including the ability for warps to have owners, for warps to be made private, and to point your compass at a warp. There is also the capability for producing warp signs (however I can't seem to get these to activate properly atm).

The action of creating a warp, makes you it's owner. As an owner you can make a warp private, delete a warp and give the warp ownership to another player. If a warp is private then the owner can invite/uninvite a selected players to the warp. A full list of commands appears below, and has been added to the Server Permissions section of the Getting Started in TOG Minecraft sticky.

"Danger, Will Robinson!"

A few issues have been noticed in testing that you need to be aware of, and possibly adjust for (at least initially).
  1. Takes a while to load in if warping long distances. I've seen mentioned on forums somewhere that warping may be causing the server to process each chunk between origin and destination.
  2. Destination chunk doesn't always render and you may seem to be a block lower than expected. Disconnecting and reconnecting fixes this.
  3. Warping long distances may breaks your ability to remove (and possibly place) blocks. Once again a disconnect and reconnect rectified this.
  4. It's possible that some warps will place you in the middle of blocks or above blocks such that you immediately die or fall to your death. It's recommended to test your existing warps with a clean inventory initially to make sure there have been no hiccups during conversion. That said I've only fallen to my death on one warp point which I believe had the blocks beneath it purposely removed after it was created (that warp has now been removed).

Existing Warps

The previous warps on the server have been converted over to the new system, however a small number of them would not convert and thus no longer exist. We'll see if we can get a list of affected warps posted for reference.

Of the 728 warps that were successfully converted:
  • 584 have been assigned to players as public
  • 39 have been assigned to players and marked private (based upon them starting with 'secret.')
  • 1 secret.* warp that I couldn't identify an owner for (pm me the warp name if it's yours and I'll re-assign it)
  • 104 that are either public points or ones that no owner is apparent
If you have a warp point that is yours but doesn't have anything in it's name to indicate you as it's owner, then post here or pm me and I'll assign it to you.

Warp Commands

* /warp <name>: Warps to <name>
* /warp create <name>: Create a new (generally public) warp at your current location
* /warp set <name>: Alias for /warp create
* /warp pcreate <name>: Create a new private warp at your current position
* /warp delete <name>: Deletes your warp, <name>
* /warp welcome <name>: Change the welcome message for warp <name>
* /warp point <name>: Points your compass to warp <name>
* /warp list (#): List all of the warps you have access to (page style)
* /warp slist: List all of the warps you have access to (hMod style)
* /warp search <query>: Searches your warps for a specific query
* /warp give <player> <name>: Give your warp <name> to <player>
* /warp invite <player> <name>: Invites <player> to your warp <name>
* /warp uninvite <player> <name>: Uninvites <player> from your warp <name>
* /warp public <name>: Makes your warp <name> public
* /warp private <name>: Makes your warp, <name>, private

Any problems not mentioned above, post here or pm me.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Old 8th March 2011, 11:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9133

As Thermal said, a small set of warps could not be automatically converted so they aren't in the warplist for Creative.
  • Gardener's
  • border.w
  • border.n
  • temp
  • jooh.tree
  • bazz.gate
  • bazz.pit
  • homepoint
  • nadanova.home
If they are yours and you still need them, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Sorontar
Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4010

Cheeky

woah... warping is complicated now!
Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsi View Post
woah... warping is complicated now!
Well, I guess if you aren't interested in private functionality or warp signs, then it's probably as simple as:

* /warp <name>: Warps to <name>
* /warp create <name>: Create a new (generally public) warp at your current location
* /warp delete <name>: Deletes your warp, <name>

* /warp list (#): List all of the warps you have access to (page style)
* /warp search <query>: Searches your warps for a specific query

* /warp point <name>: Points your compass to warp <name>

Playing:
Old 9th March 2011, 11:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8306 TOG Silver Level Supporter

I don't know if this is something people would want or if it's even possible, but can you add warps to SMP and disable the actual /warp command?

That way we could mark points and then let the compass point towards them with the /warp point command. No actual warping would be possible we would just use it to find stuff by pointing the compass towards it like a GPS device.

I for one would love to have it, for example to be able to dig/connect tunnels towards a certain point.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 11:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Lurking

Technically possible with the current mod we're now using. Anyone else got any thoughts / comments on the idea?

Playing: