Warps now Available
Warps are now in place on the creative server. The new mod (MyWarp
) for warping provides additional functionality, including the ability for warps to have owners, for warps to be made private, and to point your compass at a warp. There is also the capability for producing warp signs (however I can't seem to get these to activate properly atm).
The action of creating a warp, makes you it's owner. As an owner you can make a warp private, delete a warp and give the warp ownership to another player. If a warp is private then the owner can invite/uninvite a selected players to the warp. A full list of commands appears below, and has been added to the Server Permissions section
of the Getting Started in TOG Minecraft sticky.
"Danger, Will Robinson!"
A few issues have been noticed in testing that you need to be aware of, and possibly adjust for (at least initially).
- Takes a while to load in if warping long distances. I've seen mentioned on forums somewhere that warping may be causing the server to process each chunk between origin and destination.
- Destination chunk doesn't always render and you may seem to be a block lower than expected. Disconnecting and reconnecting fixes this.
- Warping long distances may breaks your ability to remove (and possibly place) blocks. Once again a disconnect and reconnect rectified this.
- It's possible that some warps will place you in the middle of blocks or above blocks such that you immediately die or fall to your death. It's recommended to test your existing warps with a clean inventory initially to make sure there have been no hiccups during conversion. That said I've only fallen to my death on one warp point which I believe had the blocks beneath it purposely removed after it was created (that warp has now been removed).
The previous warps on the server have been converted over to the new system, however a small number of them would not convert and thus no longer exist. We'll see if we can get a list of affected warps posted for reference.
Of the 728 warps that were successfully converted:
- 584 have been assigned to players as public
- 39 have been assigned to players and marked private (based upon them starting with 'secret.')
- 1 secret.* warp that I couldn't identify an owner for (pm me the warp name if it's yours and I'll re-assign it)
- 104 that are either public points or ones that no owner is apparent
If you have a warp point that is yours but doesn't have anything in it's name to indicate you as it's owner, then post here or pm me and I'll assign it to you.
* /warp <name>: Warps to <name>
* /warp create <name>: Create a new (generally public) warp at your current location
* /warp set <name>: Alias for /warp create
* /warp pcreate <name>: Create a new private warp at your current position
* /warp delete <name>: Deletes your warp, <name>
* /warp welcome <name>: Change the welcome message for warp <name>
* /warp point <name>: Points your compass to warp <name>
* /warp list (#): List all of the warps you have access to (page style)
* /warp slist: List all of the warps you have access to (hMod style)
* /warp search <query>: Searches your warps for a specific query
* /warp give <player> <name>: Give your warp <name> to <player>
* /warp invite <player> <name>: Invites <player> to your warp <name>
* /warp uninvite <player> <name>: Uninvites <player> from your warp <name>
* /warp public <name>: Makes your warp <name> public
* /warp private <name>: Makes your warp, <name>, private
Any problems not mentioned above, post here or pm me.