Old 7th March 2011, 02:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1437

Default What The Hell?

I just logged in to find my character moved miles from the spawn where he was parked and my inventory completely empty.

It's hard enough surviving long enough to get some tools and some wood and having to make runs out into the wilderness trying to find exposed chunks of coal cause the TOG mine has mobs in it and then find what little i scratched together gone and my character in some location i have never been to before.

I'm not happy about this.
Yvnu is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 7th March 2011, 02:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

We've moved back to the regular survival world this week. Is it possible that you are referring to where you were located on the test survival world that's been running for the last couple of weeks?

I've checked the backup of the regular survival world taken about a week ago when it was down and I don't see any player file for you, which normally indicates you hadn't logged into that particular world.

EDIT: I've checked the test world, and it seems you were last logged in there on 3 March, which I believe was the day before the move back to the regular survival world.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff

Last edited by Thermal Ions; 7th March 2011 at 02:54 AM.
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 02:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8321 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Yeah this is the risk I was talking about in the other thread about the test server being active so much that people belive it's the main server.

Hopefully this should be a non-problem from now on as we've decided to not upgrade as soon as a new version is available. (We did decide that right?)
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 03:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalusAlpha View Post
(We did decide that right?)
Yes, we expect any time on the test servers will be significantly reduced now that the ability for the game client to not auto update is in place.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9173

May I recommend that if you haven't visited this world before, you use /spawn to reach the spawn fortress, have a look at the map/s Thermal made and work out where you wish to move from there.

The Survival maps are:
TOG Minecraft Survival World Map (Day) - 3 March 2011
TOG Minecraft Survival World Map (Night) - 3 March 2011
and whilst they are not totally up-to-date, I imagine not much has changed.

Unfortunately, I think we need to restock the supplies at Spawn for Survival. I don't think there are many basic tools left (if any).

Sorontar,
ps. This is why it pays to read the forum folks! (and the welcome message every time you join one of the servers... for the temp Survival world, it says "Welcome to the TOG Survival Test Server").
pps. If the test worlds are active/being used, then this is also normally listed in the http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...map-links.html

Last edited by Sorontar; 7th March 2011 at 11:39 AM.
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 637

Inspired

ill get some supplies happening in spawn later tonite.
Old 7th March 2011, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1190

Relaxed

i can't wait for the map update... i have been busy for the last 2 days - East of DM's fort. i have made sure to map out a small area south of Sorontar's sentinal tower.
Primexes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 05:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 408

Lurking

I cant login for still 4 weeks This mac wont do multiplayer so im watching the maps pretty keenly too.

Whats worse is it appears my grass seeding plans have failed. From the res I can get it appears that placing a sign on a 1xmany strip of soil stops seeding at the sign, woe is me.

If anyone cares to find my house (directions in the travel agency at spawn castle) you'll probably see the sign outside, says grass seeding...tear the bugger down and my island farm will boot up, feel free to use (idle there day or night and livestock will spawn, you gotta kill it yourself though, might add a machine later)

Last edited by Celem; 8th March 2011 at 05:18 AM.
Celem is offline   Reply With Quote