Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th May 2011, 07:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1321

Default Land claim for Survivor server

Hello all,

3rd day in, and getting no sleep

I abandoned my little shack near the server spawn point. I ventured far south east past Fenz's Wolf area (very cool). I holed up there for the night, then proceeded on.

Here is a picture of the map where I have cleared some land next to the shore. (Attached). Can anyone tell me how to put the picture in with the text here?

I see no signs of life out here, except....

I dug down to start mining for all the minerals I needed, and deep and far down, I ran into another mine. I hope this is not a problem. I closed off the area that connected the two and will work in another direction.

Does anyone know whos mine this might be out here? Is there any problem with me being down there too? Maybe it is an abandoned mine, I dont know.

Other than that, all the land above seems very clear. I see no signs of anyone else.

I cleared an area of beachfront rock and placed torches all around it. It is very obvious that I have cleared this area in preperation of something (dont know yet).

Are there any issues?

Thanks,

Dday_0612
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Minecraft Claim.jpg (158.4 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by dday_0612; 7th May 2011 at 07:38 PM.
dday_0612 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th May 2011, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

To insert image attachments you need to add them and then use the dropdown arrow next to attachments (looks like a paperclip) to select the attachment you want.

However, the best way to put images in your post is to host them online somewhere (e.g. ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting) and then get the image URL and use the "Insert Image" button (looks like mountains with a sun) or just enclose the URL in IMG tags

Code:
{IMG}http://urltoyour/images.jpg{/URL}
Replace {} brackets with [] ones
Saves delay while attachments are approved.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1666

Happy

As to the mines etc that way no idea Im the opposite direction from the wolf.

I'm in the Red circled area. My suggestion to you would be go just south across the water that missing area on the map means no one has ever stepped foot or walked close enough to that spot in order for it to be rendered. The yellow circled area. So it completely virgin land, and will should have birch trees and lapis ore etc.

In general looking at that map section I would imagine if you go just a hair east more on your same landmass you'd be fine as well. It can be nice to have some neighbors.
Old 8th May 2011, 01:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Server Admin
Dangerous - Post: 669

Inspired

Just for fun.. Here's where I'm working. Yellow area is my surface development (plus the skyroad that runs along side it). Red is where I think my mines are, though I'm really not 100% sure which direction they extend in. :P (This is near the northern border from spawn, and a little to the west)

Interestingly, it appears the map has been part-way rendered, as if I zoom in a little more, it shows where my building development was up to a few hours ago:

I know thats at least a few hours ago, cause the last few hours I spent starting to mirror that structure on the other side of the road.

+BlackD/Raennik

Last edited by BlackD; 8th May 2011 at 01:41 AM.
BlackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 04:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

BlackD,

On the zoomed view where it's not showing the building, can you please refresh the screen (usually F5) or clear your browser cache. I've looked at it and it shows the building on all zoom levels, so I'm thinking your browser is caching some of the tiled images.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 05:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1321

Thanks for all the info! I think I am going to build where I originally planned. I can mine in a south east direction and stay away from that other mine completely. I will go look at that virgin land. Maybe I will build a summer home out there.