Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th May 2011, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Average - Post: 178

Relaxed
Default Tectonicus Question

After reading some threads.....and finding a map render program., I proceeded to speed about 40 minutes attempting to get it to work, researching BAT file creation, coding, a lot of copy pasting....and eventually was finally able to get it to at least create a error log. (That alone took 40 minutes...before it wasn't even access the JAR.....but anyway)

Here is the code i used for the bat file

Code:
    java -jar tectonicus.jar minecraftJar=\%appdata%\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar worldDir=\%appdata%\.minecraft\saves\HARDCORE3 outputDir=\%appdata%\.minecraft\saves\mapOutput numSamples=0
HARDCORE3 is the folder one of my maps is on. (I am using this one because its the only map i have that I actually got LOST on, I built a house somewhere, ran after some animals, and went exploring, I go to turn around, and head back, and I was completely lost.)

That allowed the program to start, and then create the error log, but the error log at the bottom says this......

Quote:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid world dir! No level.dat found at C:\Documents\level.dat
at tectonicus.World.<init>(World.java:109)
at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.run(TectonicusApp.java:69 7)
at tectonicus.TectonicusApp.main(TectonicusApp.java:9 67)
So hopefully someone here might shed some light on this wonderous program...and assist me to get it to work. (I am completely knew to this type of programming)
Zeoinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18th May 2011, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8351 TOG Silver Level Supporter

I would guess you would have to surround your paths with "", like so:

minecraftJar="\%appdata%\.minecraft\bin\minecraft. jar"

and so on...

%appdata% expands to C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Name]\Application Data in an english version of XP.

Therefore the "C:\Documents\level.dat" comment from the exception is a telltale sign; it thinks "C:\Documents" is the dir when it should be "C:\Documents and Settings\...", but as you haven't told the parser that those spaces are in the path string, it instead belives "C:\Documents" is the first argument, "and" is the second argument and then "Settings\..." to be a third argument.

Also I don't think you need the first backslash before %appdata% but I don't think it hurts either.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"

Last edited by DaedalusAlpha; 18th May 2011 at 10:24 PM.
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Relaxed

The C:/documents is a folder the program is creating, at first I thought it was a problem with the code as well, but after i looked, its a temporary holding cell folder for the data as its being created (or this is what I am assuming) but I dont get why its breaking down at that point. Its the cache folder is inside documents.
Old 18th May 2011, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Relaxed

well, I found a Windows App that uses the program and creates a more "Mouse based GUI" where it acts like a standard windows application, so it is working so far......ill update if it works all the way.

BTW : http://tectonicusgui.msch.eu/

Program is there
Old 18th May 2011, 11:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8351 TOG Silver Level Supporter

It creates that folder because you give it the wrong input data.

What you think you give it is this:

Code:
java -jar tectonicus.jar minecraftJar=\%appdata%\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar worldDir=\%appdata%\.minecraft\saves\HARDCORE3 outputDir=\%appdata%\.minecraft\saves\mapOutput numSamples=0
What you really give it is this:

Code:
java -jar tectonicus.jar - run java with tectnoicus.jar as a jar file, ok!
minecraftJar=\C:\Documents - set minecraftJar to \C:\Documents, is this really what you want?
and - unknown parameter, error!
Settings\YourName\Application - unknown parameter, error!
Data\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar - unknown parameter, error!
worldDir=\C:\Documents - set worldDir to \C:\Documents, this is wrong because the world is not in this directory!
Data\.minecraft\saves\HARDCORE3 - unknown parameter, error!
outputDir=\C:\Documents - set outputDir to \C:\Documents, is this really what you want?
 Data\.minecraft\saves\mapOutput - unknown parameter, error!
numSamples=0 - set numSamples to 0, ok!
As I said in my first post you have to add "" around all your paths or the command interpreter will interpret the paths as different parameters. Or better yet, just replace your command with my corrected version:

Code:
java -jar tectonicus.jar  minecraftJar="%appdata%\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar"  worldDir="%appdata%\.minecraft\saves\HARDCORE3"  outputDir="%appdata%\.minecraft\saves\mapOutput" numSamples=0
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 11:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Relaxed

its ok,i am using a windows based version and its going on 30 minutes so im typing from my PS3 so my computer can use all resources on it....this looks like a good program to run before going to bed lol

EDIT GREAT NEWS it worked, now i'll never get lost on the surface again....

Last edited by Zeoinx; 18th May 2011 at 11:56 PM.