Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th May 2011, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 289

Default Sharing World Seeds

My husband found a beautiful seed that is great for people who like mountains and caves. I wanted to share with you guys.

World Name: Monkey
Seed: Monkey

I started at x: -12 y: 470 facing a magnificent cave mouth with a waterfall in it.

There is a little secret entrance to a cute little valley at x:41 z:518

complete with a great nearly livable cave at x:62 z:489. Also, a great cave with a lava flow that goes almost to bedrock at x:103 z:489. I wish I had a screen of it, but it was too big to catch in one shot.

For those of you who aren't familiar with seeds, if you start a new single player world, it will give you the option to supply a "seed for the world generator" If you leave it blank the game snags information from your computer clock to generate it. If you generate with a specific seed you will always get the same world, allowing users to share worlds. The world name has something to do with your spawn point, though my husband and I have tested this and you don't end up in the same spot 100% of the time. You can get your co-ordinates by hitting F3 in game.

Hopefully you guys will have as much fun playing with seeds as we did. Here is the official minecraft forum about seeds Seeds - Minecraft Forum

Last edited by Rakshala; 20th May 2011 at 12:29 PM.
Rakshala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21st May 2011, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2752

Innocent

Hey thanks for sharing - never played with seeds before and now following those links have found some epic worlds to play with - +1 for you!
Old 21st May 2011, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Server Admin
Dangerous - Post: 668

Inspired

That "World in the Air" seed is nothing short of awe-inspiring!
MadMaxHH´s "World in the air" - Minecraft Forum

seed: -1784338777788894343
Old 22nd May 2011, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow 'world of air' is awe-inspiring!

Old 23rd May 2011, 03:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Server Admin

Inspired

I was trying various seeds in the map generator and found this one (don't ask).

Seed: 3way

It spawned me on top of that sand hill there, and I pressed F3 at the end there to show the exact coordinates. Lots of interesting hills and caves to explore.

I later did go exploring a little. This scenery is all unrelated to anything in the first video. Lots of hills, caves, waterfalls, etc. It looks like a fun map to explore on. The cave through the mountain with the skele was the funnest.

Heh, just realised - folks searching for something entirely different might stumble across this video, based on the title.

nb: The texture pack is a customised Painterly pack.

Last edited by BlackD; 23rd May 2011 at 03:52 PM.
BlackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Server Admin

Inspired

Alright, the 3way one was pretty decent, but a few hours later I've come up with one which is frankly.. AWESOME. It rivals World in the Air if I may say so myself.

Seed: s5yb2db4la2281d52qjb

I just created this world and it put me in an interesting place, so I started recording, and this is the results - first run through. The video just keeps getting better and better!

I've been doing more exploration later on, and indeed most of the world carries on a similar theme. Also of note, I didn't record coordinates precisely at the start, however the sandy area about 15 seconds in is 122,-160.

+BlackD

PS. The flying is achieved by use of the SinglePlayerCommands mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...cp-compatible/
Here I'm using /fly 8
(For flying, a number afterwards specifies a speed). GREAT for exploring single player world maps you've created, Rakshala Like that one in your first post - if there's one cave like that, there's bound to be more!

Last edited by BlackD; 23rd May 2011 at 05:46 PM.
BlackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

My husband and I were wondering how you were flying when we watched the vid, then we read below. We've made a server of "Monkey" for us to play together, but the flying in SinglePlaryer will help to point us in the right direction for other building projects. Thanks!

Old 1st June 2011, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 76

Bored

One snow seed which I found was pretty cool had at least half a stack of coal nearby in some water, visible.

Seed: "Ichi"

Optical Array is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2752

Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshala View Post
My husband and I were wondering how you were flying when we watched the vid, then we read below. We've made a server of "Monkey" for us to play together, but the flying in SinglePlaryer will help to point us in the right direction for other building projects. Thanks!
I find for single player the Zombe (not misspelled) mod is the best.
has all the "A bit cheaty" modes that can be turned on or off in the config file at your whim.

Personally, though I find if building for the sake of it, then flying and classic build are all you need - just play on peaceful!

(on single player of course)
Old 14th June 2011, 11:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 406

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackD View Post
Alright, the 3way one was pretty decent, but a few hours later I've come up with one which is frankly.. AWESOME. It rivals World in the Air if I may say so myself.

Seed: s5yb2db4la2281d52qjb

+BlackD
Wow, thats an awesome world, I liked the spot you ended the movie facing, that was a cool natural spire.