Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th June 2011, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking
Default Version 1.6.6 test server

Sorontar and Red_one have been hard at work with mod testing and setting up a test server which will be up for at least a few hours tonight in place of the Creative server, i.e. port 25565. Please feel free to jump on and try it out, reporting any issues you may encounter.

There have been some reports of materialising inside blocks or missing chunks when tp'ing, however a disconnect and reconnect seems to fix that.

I've also seen a case where I was 20+ blocks underground (without any problems / having tp'ed), disconnected, then reconnected and was above ground. I've also encountered a little bit of lag but nothing major.

If you get in early you will find some diamond in the chests at the hut and cave near the 2 nether portals. Help yourself, but leave some for others.

Note the server is for testing only and nothing will be retained, but the more we test it now the quicker we can look to get 1.6 rolled out onto the normal servers and have the nether accessible.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18th June 2011, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Lurking

FYI, the test server is currently still up if people wish to try it out.

There's been a reported issue where if you travel too far in the nether, then use a gate to get back to the main world and end up outside the world border then you suffocate. I've pushed the world border out to 2400 (from gate1) and implemented a hopefully matching 300 border (from nether1). Please let us know if anyone continues to have problems returning from the nether.

Danger Will Robinson:
Be aware that currently (including before the border was implemented) if you are in the nether and use /spawn you are transported to the Nether Spawn Point which currently, for unknown reasons, is spawning you inside solid blocks, thus killing you. If you need to get back to the main world in a hurry then you will need to have set a home point (/home set) before entering the nether, and can then use /home.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Old 18th June 2011, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3675

Cynical

good work guys

"I am a Pantera's box you do not want to open" - Mr. Furious
Non Action Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal Ions View Post
I've pushed the world border out to 2400 (from gate1) and implemented a hopefully matching 300 border (from nether1).
Seems the borders are not exactly aligning, so I've added 128 (16 * 8) to the regular world border value (now 2528) to provide a one nether chunk leeway, which hopefully will avoid issues with nether gates right at the border creating a world gate a couple of blocks outside the border.

Also, I believe warp functionality is available to all players on the test server to help them get around and help out testing.

/warp list will show the list of warps currently established.

Playing:
Old 19th June 2011, 10:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8364 TOG Silver Level Supporter

I have now tested the new server, but nothing special, just normal gameplay and it all seems to work. I did notice however that there is a new lag when creating stuff at a workbench or in the inventory. Whatever you create will stay in the output square a bit too long, but then it synchronizes anyway so it's no biggie. It's not your fault either, probably an inventory change in the game code.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 10:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1660

Amused

Excellent work - I jumped on yesterday and was suprised on how quick it is when you move between "worlds".
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote