Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th June 2011, 10:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2056

Lurking

I have'nt been on the server for a few months/versions and found I had the same client as the server (couldn't be bothered to back port the game to play it....)

Joining I found I had a full inventory, yippy )

ok... Hmmm... T /warp list ... Wow many pages, a few goes found my warps up around 69 mark.... Lots and lots
ok,
T /warp snaketails.roller-coaster <zap>

right to the top of where I should be, but in the middle of the only missing chunk <you have died>

I ... Dang. There goes my inventory...

T /warp snake.home .. Cool, that worked, T /warp snaketails.tunnel.e .. That too, I'll walk the rest of the way )

get there see the glass wall beyond where I *thought* the boundry was, ignored it until another player walked up to my "free sand" sign, then proceeded past it and up to the glass wall, Oh, Boundry has moved )

Hmmm I have'nt been here for a while, all the tracks are there, chests are empty (except for snake.home) and all the carts have also turned to dust... Well I'm guessing thats what happened

I'll jump on again sometime )

postcount=++
SnakeTails is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27th June 2011, 11:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9124

We have extended the border on the Survival server a couple of times due to additions like new trees and ores that are only generated in new chunks.

Creative hasn't been changed except that it too has access to the Nether and has additions like a minigolf course (warp minigolf) and the site of the safer treasure hunt (warp treasure.hunt I think).

Sorontar
ps. If you get caught in the ground after a warp/home/tp then disconnect asap. When you reconnect you should be safe.

Last edited by Sorontar; 27th June 2011 at 11:16 PM.
Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 12:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 46

Relaxed

Ok, so now I am curious, but not curious enough to actually find out for myself... but what was found/awakened down there in the depths?

Probably nothing spectacular.

~WebDeb
WebDebSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 12:40 AM   #14 (permalink)

Relaxed
Default Sorantor fixed your avatar.... :>

Hi... I thought your Avatar would look better without the white around it so I fixed it. Hope you like it. Here ya go...

Old 11th July 2011, 07:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5548 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebDebSpider View Post
Ok, so now I am curious, but not curious enough to actually find out for myself... but what was found/awakened down there in the depths?

Probably nothing spectacular.

~WebDeb
simple, it was a LOTR reference - the answer is the Balrog...
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 11:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebDebSpider View Post
Hi... I thought your Avatar would look better without the white around it so I fixed it. Hope you like it. Here ya go...
Thank you Deb. I originally had made it to have a transparent background, but when I loaded it up, the background went white. It might have had something to do with the file coding. It doesn't really matter as it is still obvious as what it is (i.e. Horus guard helm from Stargate, if it really isn't that obvious).

Sorontar

Old 11th July 2011, 12:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Relaxed

Sorontar, yeah I thought it looked familar. I too made one with a transparent background and it decided to go white as well. I don't know why it did that. Might try it with a different setting next time. IDK. Or, I might just use the same color as the background it will be on and then it will blend well. LOL
Old 11th July 2011, 02:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
(i.e. Horus guard helm from Stargate, if it really isn't that obvious).
Fairly obvious to anyone who has seen all 10 Seasons + Movies, others not sure.

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 03:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Rocket View Post
Fairly obvious to anyone who has seen all 10 Seasons + Movies, others not sure.
Let's see.... do we have any popular culture sci-fi references on the server worlds so far ....

Sorontar
ps. Han shot first

Old 11th July 2011, 04:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3916

Doh

I think the reason images lose their transparency when bringing them into the forum as sig files or avatars is that the image itself isn't simply uploaded. It is uploaded then re-worked in ImageMagick and saved from there. Images referenced within posts are not re-worked. Best bet is to just place the background colour in the file (#eef0f1).