Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th July 2011, 02:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 954

Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar
ps. Is your name in the talk channel a grey colour? Can you destroy or place blocks?
Not grey, and I can place/destroy blocks. When I tried /warp create test, I received a prompt that I could not find a point called "test".
Deweyoxberg is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 8th July 2011, 02:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deweyoxberg View Post
Not grey, and I can place/destroy blocks. When I tried /warp create test, I received a prompt that I could not find a point called "test".
Did it create the warp at all? Can you go to warps like sorontar.lighthouse or sorontar.bell?

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 02:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

ps . using "/home set" can also define a warplike feature

Old 8th July 2011, 02:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

Mellow

No the point was not created at all, and I believe I can warp to other points (as was evideent when I tried just "/warp set" (I zoomed off somewhere?) ).

/home set I found while awaiting a reply; I believe I'll venture out to the place I was at (or attempt to find it again, anyways) and give that a whirly.
Old 8th July 2011, 02:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

If it was anywhere near the picture of a lady you mentioned previously, then sorontar.lighthouse will take you near there, as will various other sorontar.* warps since that is where I build/landscape (watch out for sorontar.horse though.... its a bit of a leap down ).

Old 8th July 2011, 02:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Mellow

Thanks for the tip, will save me a bit of walking. I'm actually looking to get back to the area of the "man in the hillside"

TOG Creative Server Map

See the mouth / eyes kind of looking thing in the middle there, with all that open white space? I wonder if anyone has a spawn point out there in that region, or close to it. There's some sort of pirate cove due north; I swam through the gates by the "submarine" on my way in.
Old 8th July 2011, 02:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

By "Pirate cove" do you mean TOG Creative Server Map ? That is one of Bazz's (Skoville) airships I think.

A good idea is to use the lights on the night map as a guide if anyone has been there before you. If it seems "unused" then screenshot the map, open Paint etc, circle the area you want to work on, and post the picture to the forum (with a link to the area on the map). If you get no complaints, then go right ahead and build.

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 8th July 2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 8th July 2011, 02:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

Mellow

More like here: TOG Creative Server Map

And I will do that (the claim bit); I was trying to set the warp point first so i could return if all was good... and hence the first post with me getting "lost" =grin=

I'll try the sorontar warp to the "portrait" for now, maybe off to Bazz's as it is somewhat nearby. Worst case scenario, I wind up somewhere interesting and explore.

Thanks for all the help Sorontar; I foresee a Minecraft evening post work!
Old 8th July 2011, 06:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8351 TOG Silver Level Supporter

The warp-fall-through-earth thing might have been fixed now. I'm thinking about a line in the patch notes that said something about if you're stuck inside blocks the game will try to move you to the closest empty area. This should work for warps as well I think? So if you warp into solid ground the game should try to move you out into the open again. But I haven't tried it so I don't know.
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 06:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Unfotunately, it does and doesn't work. I think it works if the chunk has been loaded, but not if the chunk is new. Either way, going to obsi.spa on Creative still tries to suffocate me, so I have to do the disconnect trick to survive (if I am fast enough).

Sorontar