Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th July 2011, 08:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5766 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking
Default Permission to Connect

Good Morning

I emailed Niss_man a while back but no reply.

sooo, I am asking permission here, in about a week if no reply I think I might link up anyway

I hereby request permission to link my skyrail to that of Nissman's (unless someone can suggest a better route)

linky here
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/u...uck/map1-1.png
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th July 2011, 08:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 46

Relaxed

Did anyone ever reply to this??? Just wondering as seen no activity on here other than the read amounts going up.

Hope you got an answer.
WebDebSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25532

Amused

Likely due to the DC change over, process is still running AFAIK on the new selection.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Lurking

nope no reply, it's ok I will leave the project as is for now lol
Old 20th July 2011, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1667

Happy

Prob more niss_man not checking the forums often. The survival server has much softer claim rules than the creative.

Asking is of course the most polite method of course, so I think your opening comment of a week wait is perfectly fine. It should be just fine to go ahead and do that.
Old 25th July 2011, 08:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

Yeah, I mean, We can't really give you permission to link it to someone else's construction, since it's not ours...but given it's just a road, and you're not wanting to do something to someone's actual house or something, I can't see why there would be an objection, and you've given a reasonable amount of time for any complaints to be made if niss-man didn't want it done.

I find it a shame actually that the road was made as it was - I think it would look nicer and be easier for other roads to branch off it, if it had been made a little more angular - though there is a building in the way of continuing the skyroad along from spawn so I see why it had to detour around a bit. But I'm not sure if it's appropriate if I rebuild it

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 07:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Lurking

update, the under road from the battleship to my base is semi complete (one cube wide in many places) just follow the checkered path, lol
Old 26th July 2011, 09:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25532

Amused

On the server I play on We have some projects that are considered "community created" rather than belonging to any one individual. Two prime examples would be the main roads, and rail network (with a centralised train station). Anyone can connect to these, so long as they observe the style being used. When a DC gets appointed it might be worth considering something like this.

[edit]
PS - and yeah as Sorontar mentioned below, we also respect each others "area." too.

We need you, Citizen!

Last edited by Reoh; 27th July 2011 at 03:01 AM.
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9273

The roads normally are regarded as community-based. Anyone can add or make new roads from them. Ditto for train tracks. However, what people need to be careful about is whether the road/rail will be intruding on an area in which someone else is working.

As has been pointed out, on the Creative server, players can claim large areas of land. On the Survival server, we don't expect the same size of claims. The original players on the Survival server also haven't worried about telling everyone about where exactly they are working.

However, we do expect common courtesy and threads like this are fine. New players are going to find it hard to clearly find areas that haven't been worked in, so asking if an island/waterspace etc is unused is good. As is asking whether it is okay to run a road/railway over what seems to be unused land (at the surface level).

So DarkDuck my advice is that you go right ahead and make your road/railway/whatever, but try and place it midway between existing buildings. Ideally, if you can't see them when using the longest fog setting, you are fine. You have tried to contact the person who is most likely to be affected and after over a week, got no response. I would consider that a decent effort and time span.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 07:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft

Lurking

Sorontar, is this your official DC voice? lol

thanks for the replies guys, I might start on that as soon as I have finished my under tunnel, /shudder at the digging.