Old 15th July 2011, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dressy

Default .jar

Hello all

First a confession. I didnt know this forum existed or we even had a division for it, until I saw your DC in the TWAU forum. Whoops me.

Second, I dont play (ducks for cover as all the rotton vegetables are thrown at me). However, my 8 year old does and he loves the game. So the following is for me and him, I.e, me to help him, and for me to look impressive to him...

Scotty wants me to download mods for him. I have looked a them and how to do it. However, for the life of me I can not find this .jar folder in the bin directory. 1. Where is this .jar file and 2. is there an easy mod installer pack available.

Thanks in advance.

Old 15th July 2011, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

This is the Patcher (mod Installer thingy) I use MCPatcher 2.1.0_02 - Minecraft Forum

Very simple, should locate the file you need to patch, just point it at the zip modfile.

Good tutorial in the thread on using it if you get stuck.

Also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
Hello all

First a confession. I didnt know this forum existed or we even had a division for it, until I saw your DC in the TWAU forum. Whoops me.
Shame on you, tsk tsk.

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."

Last edited by King_Rocket; 15th July 2011 at 03:14 PM.
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 1389

get 7zip and then Start Run %appdata% and in the .minecraft folder there is the bin dir with the minecraft jar. Open it with 7zip and you can drop the java mods into it as per the instructions on the site above. sometimes you need to do this instead of mcpatcher as the mod doesn't work with mcpatcher.
exekewtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 02:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dressy

Thank you to you both.