Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th July 2011, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245

Default Status of MC Beta 1.7.3 update

Bukkit has just released a new Recommended Build that includes 1.7.3. However we will probably have to wait until next week to update to it. I will be unavailable for a week and the new Bukkit has major changes (like its own command Permissions system) so I suspect the Bukkit mods might have to be given a chance to synchronise themselves. In the meantime, happy mining and building and killing zombies and ...

Sorontar

Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 18th July 2011, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1250

Amused

Thanks Sorontar.

Is there a known reason why the server is so laggy these days?

I've given up on any major works for a while, because anything I do requires I do the same action at least twice, and risk being suffocated by returning blocks. It's been happening for a fair while now, possibly since the last 1.6 upgrade. Exploring lava filled caves is a no-no for now too.

Cheers,
Max
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

No real idea. I suspect it has something to do with Exe's work. The minecraft end of things isn't very busy from what I can see. I will try rebooting the servers (something I personally haven't done for a while, don't know about the other admins).

Sorontar
ps. One of the big fixes of the new Bukkit RB will be stopping a memory leak. As they say, they have put a Bukkit under the hole Mind you, it is the Bukkit code which is leaky.

Old 18th July 2011, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

Great news! Keep up the good work.

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 07:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8347 TOG Silver Level Supporter

There is apparantly a pretty nasty bug in minecraft 1.7 (not Bukkit related) that can erase sign text and chest contents when a chunk is unloaded. Maybe we have to wait until this is fixed as well
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 08:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5704 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

there is no such thing as a bug daed

simply unintentional system enhancements.

I understand the error here, hehehehe but yes that would truely suck especially since most people have a chest room which if yours is like mine is all one the one chunk
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalusAlpha View Post
There is apparantly a pretty nasty bug in minecraft 1.7 (not Bukkit related) that can erase sign text and chest contents when a chunk is unloaded. Maybe we have to wait until this is fixed as well
It relates to frequently loading/unloading chunks and the signs/chests in them. On Survival, with our warmup/cooldown for \home, the other commands we use and the general number of players on at any one time, I am of the opinion that this bug won't hassle us. It could be an issue for Creative but I even doubt it there due to its present lack of use. Even the Bukkit crew can't reproduce it. Both the Bukkit team and Mojang are trying to sort it out.

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 18th July 2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Mojang > Bukkit crew
Old 18th July 2011, 10:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8347 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
It relates to frequently loading/unloading chunks and the signs/chests in them. On Survival, with our warmup/cooldown for \home, the other commands we use and the general number of players on at any one time, I am of the opinion that this bug won't hassle us. It could be an issue for Creative but I even doubt it there due to its present lack of use. Even the Bukkit crew can't reproduce it. Both the Bukkit team and Mojang are trying to sort it out.

Sorontar
Well I want to get 1.7 started as quickly as anyone else, maybe even more because I REALLY want the pistons

But the scary thing with this bug, is that even though it will VERY rarely happen, it still could happen, and if it does it can potentially mess up a lot of things. It would have been one thing if it crashed the game or something like that, but this is essentially a save file corrouption, and that is in my book one of the worst things you can have in a game.

But I don't know, maybe we have facilities to look in an old backup and restore most of the stuff lost if the bug should appear?
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 07:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5704 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

it looks like the Bukkit crew was caught with their pants down on this mod too, but they are scrabbling to get a proper fix out soon. should not be too long me thinks
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 12:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1250

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDuck View Post
it looks like the Bukkit crew was caught with their pants down on this mod too, but they are scrabbling to get a proper fix out soon. should not be too long me thinks
Hope they get a triple word score!
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote