Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th August 2011, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5572 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking
Default MinerDuck - The Great Nether Experiment

Part 2 of the Minerduck series

On enteringthe nether from my portal you come across a stairway down. The Stairs lead to hte Great Nether Temple of TOG

If you find your way to the top level you are greated with a great view, many am inerduck was lost to ghast fire during this construction effort

an if your brave enough to look down (I use a texture pack "Misa's" cause hte glass looks better)

the temple was built with the idea of a RP/Storyline component I have not got around to doing, it has 2 "Lava Reactors"
Reactor 1 is working great

Reactor 2 went kinda Chernobyl (on purpose, the TNT placement was tricky to get right)

this theme is carried throughout my build, in the basement level

feel free to visit hte underground mushroomfarm, cacti farm and tree farm (not working 100% but I have 1 tree)

there is also the other over lava room, I have no ida what this hub would evolve to but it is there

now if you go back to my portal and follow the passage maked "to TOG Spawn" (sign pending) you will find my greatest tunnel project with loads of observation points and some great "bridges" and tunnels.

While much of the tunnel I can claim credit for, before I completed it a few others tagged their tunnel onto it and someone completed the link to Tog spawn, to these co contributers I would like to say thankyou, you saw my "vision" and intent and built accordingly while also adding your own touch. To those who visit TOG spawn this tunnel system now links almost all the portals together and enables completly safe viewing of many peoples nether creations.

if you were a co buildier and wish to be named (oppose to just "Co builder") do tell me and I shall edit this post and put a plaque of recognition in the tunnel.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th August 2011, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1666

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDuck View Post
While much of the tunnel I can claim credit for, before I completed it a few others tagged their tunnel onto it and someone completed the link to Tog spawn, to these co contributers I would like to say thankyou, you saw my "vision" and intent and built accordingly while also adding your own touch. To those who visit TOG spawn this tunnel system now links almost all the portals together and enables completly safe viewing of many peoples nether creations.

if you were a co buildier and wish to be named (oppose to just "Co builder") do tell me and I shall edit this post and put a plaque of recognition in the tunnel.
Np I had built a long tunnel series in the nether connecting spawn to all my works. Then I saw this little wall up above my main portal and then it became a observation bubble with a tunnel and some stairs heading straight down onto my main portal house. So I just connected it up and widened out the tunnel to spawn so it was not too confusing with all my tunnel maze over there

Unless Im mistaken that my building your looking down on in the last picture, and my original tunnel to spawn on the right side before I learned how to properly connect portals and was able to actually make some useful ones.

Also connected to the roadway in the middle somewhere too, but I haven't finished the rooms over there yet.

Last edited by Misnik; 9th August 2011 at 01:42 PM.
Misnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 01:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5572 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

oh is that your 3 story creation just off my sandstone/glass bridge, very nice work. thanks for your help, I had to laugh one night I logged off with loads of work today, logged in a day or two later and it was all done, so I had to refine my past works, lol was a pleasent surprise.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4012

Cheeky

very cool - I'll have to come check it out

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote