Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd August 2011, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 632

Sleepy
Default Expanding Spawn Village

In my drunk insomniac fuelled stupor at 2am, I ended up leveling half the hill behind spawn village . Its not fully done yet but having a look now at the destruction, I guess I'm going to carry on landscaping during the next couple of weeks.

My intentions are:

Section 1) Finish clearing the hill, leaving aside the bit where the tower is
Section 2) Slight cleaning up, maybe with a footpath
Section 3) A footpath leading up to top of newbie mine and flattening it slightly (taking into account the bedrock there)

If you are a recent member and haven't done so yet, have a go at building a house in spawn village and add to one of our pioneer community projects.

Old 22nd August 2011, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
In my drunk insomniac fuelled stupor at 2am, I ended up leveling half the hill behind spawn village
Not the best state of mind to be using tnt.

Quote:
Section 1) Finish clearing the hill, leaving aside the bit where the tower is
Section 2) Slight cleaning up, maybe with a footpath
Section 3) A footpath leading up to top of newbie mine and flattening it slightly (taking into account the bedrock there)
It is a little unclear where the section 1 clearing extends to. Obsi and Foxman's castles are rather nicely "sheltered" from the village by mountains and hills (I have put up a couple of signs & torches on the side of hills I recommend not removing). Obsi's claim extends onto the side of the mountain next to the walkways she built next to her castle.

From what I can see, where you have started clearing is unclaimed and a good place to start though. There are monster traps there, but since monsters are turned off for Creative (and probably will be in the future), the traps are worthless.

We could do with a reseeding of the newbie mine too.

Quote:
If you are a recent member and haven't done so yet, have a go at building a house in spawn village and add to one of our pioneer community projects.
Yes, this was our first community effort and it is still going strong. The only town planning restrictions are you can't build bigger than 10x10 blocks and the building can only be single storey. I would also suggest you give a couple of blocks between you and the communal paths (so you have your own path). Have a walk around and see what others have built. The west end of the village (near red_one's giant pants and the newbie mine) was done first with some of the seafrontage homes on the west. The rest of the west was the second expansion.

Have a look at http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...-togville.html if you want to see where we were before we added the Survival world.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 632

Sleepy

I really wish I could say I used dynamite, I really do.
Old 23rd August 2011, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV
Lethal - Post: 5548 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

I use dynamite for everything, including but not limited to the accidental detonation of my err spawn hehehe
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 08:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV

Lurking

btw checked out the spawn at creative, awesome job guys, I was thinking of doing the same 4 portal design for my nether portal, did not know if it would work.

I shall keep checking it out
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2752

Innocent

Holy (insert chosen deity or in the case of a non central awesome being belief system, your chosen expletive)

DUCK! we get it! we really do!!
No shit, you like blowing shite up!

Sweet - can we now take it as understood and be done with the "and I might accidentally blow your shit up" comments? (some are really funny btw, but in every thread?)

Back on topic though, WOW!
If not for the above screenie, I would not have known that it snows in spawn on creative!

Lets hold the 1st annual Xmas Party there I think.......

And (just for duck) can we PLEASE have a "blow stuff up night" in creative?
Just give a warning that Duck Industry's will be letting loose, take a back up and let us go stupid!
Then after restore the world?

Please?

Just think "FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY! THE END OF (a) WORLD!"

I'd come.

I'd bring beers as well.
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

That portal gate was designed well before the gates were active. I can't remember who made it. When I was looking for somewhere to put a portal near spawn, that seemed the most obvious. I also added the portal at 0,0 (which is not where spawn is). There is a path between the nether ends of those portals.

Sorontar

Old 23rd August 2011, 09:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
And (just for duck) can we PLEASE have a "blow stuff up night" in creative?
Well, that was one of the first ideas we had for events last year. Perhaps we should. I'll have to speak to my social segetary about this.

Sorontar

Old 24th August 2011, 08:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Final Fantasy XIV

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
DUCK! we get it! we really do!!
No shit, you like blowing shite up!
actually after placing a tnt accidently in on my own bed the other month my pasion for hte quick clearing of tnt has somewhat been tempered, now I take precautions and have a general fear of indor use of it.

but I get the hint young lad. still my point remains that the work on creative is fantastic, currently checking out fox's castle and just finished the obsidian castle and they were fantastic.

Moving on in my journey you guys on creative should be immensly proud of the work you have don, many of the works there are fantastic and brilliant to see. Good work all

Last edited by DarkDuck; 24th August 2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 24th August 2011, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2752

Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDuck View Post
but I get the hint young lad.
Lol - not so young sadly! and sorry if I came off like a jerk

I have been looking forward to a blow up night since before we started the creative server - the idea being everyone gets given TNT to set up the destruction of something they have created and a period of time to place it, then as a group we do a tour watching it all come down piece by piece!

heh heh - "Anti Minecraft" if you like - "The Art of Destruction!"