Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th October 2011, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1639

Amused
Default Can Admins/Mods do whatever they want?

Someone has just told me that last night they saw an admin with full diamond armour flying around building on World4...

Also I have seen Admins/Mods TPing around...

So can admins/mods do whatever they want? This seems really wrong to me.

Old 18th October 2011, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9211

Yes and no. If a mod/admin was flying around then he must have changed to Creative gamemode. That would make me think that they were doing something related to their role in some way, or setting something up for the Division for which they felt justified making full use of their powers.

For personal play, mods/admins have the same rules as everyone else. This was clearly defined in a post in the Admin forum (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...r-anarchy.html for those who can read it).

As to /tp, anyone can be teleported in World4, but only mod/admins have access to the command. That was defined in the opening rules for the prerelease use of the World4 server (World4 is now using 1.9 pre-release 3). Ask and a mod/admin will teleport you to someone (but don't over do it).

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 18th October 2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 18th October 2011, 09:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2760

Innocent

No they can't DM - that was me, and I was breaking the rules.

Why? well to be honest, I was trying out some ideas for when Sanctuary opens up the borders...why on world 4?
Company is the only reason - I could easily have done it in single player - instead I picked a spot I though was far enough away not to impact anyone, it is a temp world and built there using flying.

However you are right, and it is wrong, and as such I'll be moving on to another MC group (if I can find one) that's more in line with how I want to play.

So thanks all for the ride, it's been a blast!

(and sorry to the current admin / mod team for any headaches this causes)

Cheers,

Bazz.
Old 18th October 2011, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 1389

I agree with Sor, but for the purpose of discussion, what is the difference if we aren't competing? Are you not just judging a "play style" rather than competitive advantage?
Old 18th October 2011, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5649 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

the situation that was referred to
1) Bazz TP'd alot of us (I think 4 all up) to his construction

The other issue was the fluing, after setting up the portal for tonights even bazz flew up into the sky, turned it off and fell to his death, it was easier than walking all the way to his spawn, and much better than flying there. Bazz used his powers to kill himself....errr

I can say Danger that I have confidence in the mods/admins/modmin hybrids that they will not abuse this power. There has been discussion about what will happen with world 4, and if peopel should be able to "cheat" if this is temp, that was nul and voided with the non cheating method of finding the stronghold last night (as this is what the conversation centered around).

I think this is a nul issue tbh. if there is a legit complaint then we should address it in a PM to Sor not a public thrashing and attack on any and all admin guys.
Old 18th October 2011, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5649 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
No they can't DM - that was me, and I was breaking the rules.

Why? well to be honest, I was trying out some ideas for when Sanctuary opens up the borders...why on world 4?
Company is the only reason - I could easily have done it in single player - instead I picked a spot I though was far enough away not to impact anyone, it is a temp world and built there using flying.

However you are right, and it is wrong, and as such I'll be moving on to another MC group (if I can find one) that's more in line with how I want to play.

So thanks all for the ride, it's been a blast!

(and sorry to the current admin / mod team for any headaches this causes)

Cheers,

Bazz.
Bazz this is not the answer, Once more I find that we are turning on people cause of pathetic reasons. Did Bazz cheat, yes, cool, np, is there an issue, well for me not really this is a temp world, and as we said last night the world will be destroyed because of comments like that from BlackD.

Did Bazz's actions harm or hinder my or anyone else's game play, lol nope, damn it made it fun,

like I said 30 secs ago, let this be dealt with by the admind not on public display. andf for crying out loud, why do we insist on conflict and loosing someone like Bazz? Last night we had a great chat, it was slightly heated which was ood but the result was a fun and well thought out solution. now I log in to fid a excrement storm i na tea cup over flying and spawned armour.....wow.

World4 has changed alot, mobs are now normal which is something I am annoyed with TBH I enjoyed hte hard and I voted for hard, but hey I will live with that, I am able to build a huge monstrosity and chat to people like Bazz, I am able to have fun with people like Bazz, and no his flying did not upset or annoy me. TBH if I was given it I would not use it I find it annoying and gets in my way, so let him fly, if he breaks the "rules" then let him chat to Sor about it, otherwise can we just keep out of it.

Danger, I feel that while you are morethan entitled to voice your grievence here please in future pm Sor or an admin. this is very messy and I feel unnecessary.

Bazz don't run, stay, surely we can talk this out.

Can I also ask Sor, or the Admins to organise a night when we can all chat about this on the voice comms, ie an AGM I think the forums are good but it's messy, I feel alot needs to be said and discussing it is the best way not typing it.
Old 18th October 2011, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Anyone can kill themselves (I think) with the /kill command.

Quote:
I think this is a nul issue tbh. if there is a legit complaint then we should address it in a PM to Sor not a public thrashing and attack on any and all admin guys.
I do tend to agree with this. A query about who can do what is fine. Evidence should not have been mentioned in public. That is more appropriate for PMs.

Sorontar

Old 18th October 2011, 10:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

I am locking this discussion to make sure it doesn't get into a public argument about Bazz. That is for Bazz and the Mod/Admins to resolve. If you have personal views about, please PM me.

However, I will start up a new discussion about the point Exe made.

Sorontar

Closed Thread