Update (5 February 2012): These rules are replaced by TOG Minecraft Server Code of Conduct. These rules are out-of-date.
Yes, World4 is temporary and more of a "survival" world than Sanctuary, but fair play is expected on all the Division's worlds. To help guide you in understanding what fair play is in this Division, the following rules were defined for World4 (see the OP of World4 is now using 1.9 pre-release 3
- Do not alter or vandalise each other's constructions
- Chests are private property. If it's not yours, don't take it.
- If someone has bothered to fence in livestock, then the stock is private property, so don't touch it.
- For the server, PvP is set to true, but only strike those who are willing to combat. Surprise ninja attacks on those who aren't willing to fight will be regarded as griefing.
- Taking ownership of a dead player's belongings is something to settle between you and the player. If there is disagreement, the dead player's wishes win.
- Players can construct any traps etc they like within their own buildings. These traps can target mobs or players, but out of courtesy, I would consider it polite if signs saying "Warning! Dangers lurk within" or something similar are placed somewhere visible (perhaps at the entrance to the entire construction). Players do not have to say *where* the dangers are or what they are.
- Only mods and admins have access to the teleportation command, but players can request help from them at any time. We can move you to the location of any other player, but not spawn or your bed.
- Since this is effectively a survival setting, the Creative gamemode is reserved for admin duties.
- Since the version will be "up-to-date", the spawning of items from now on will be restricted to admin duties.
These are in addition to the TOG Minecraft Server Code of Conduct
And most importantly, remember that we are bound by the TOG Code of Conduct, part of which says:
You will uphold the spirit of our code of conduct in all your gaming pursuits. This spirit is founded on a sense of decency, fair play and respect of all gamers.
Minecraft Division Captain