Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd October 2011, 10:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245
 Sorontar's Avatar

Default

It seems to be working now. I'll change the thread title.
__________________

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24th October 2011, 11:59 AM   #22 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25502
 Reoh's Avatar

Amused
Default

Next year the Auth servers go down for good.

The mayans predicted it.
__________________

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 12:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2240
 DeeP's Avatar

Relaxed
Default

Cant connect again today ... seems another name change is in order
__________________
DeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 12:22 PM   #24 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245
 Sorontar's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeP View Post
Cant connect again today ... seems another name change is in order
Will do... looking into it.
__________________

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 12:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245
 Sorontar's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
Will do... looking into it.
UPDATE: Looks like it is the same issue as a couple of days ago, at least from our point-of-view. It is solely in Mojang's hands to fix, and given that it is presently the middle of the night in Scanadavia.... I think they need net support from the other side of the world.... say someone in Australia or New Zealand. Any volunteers?

Sorontar
__________________

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 12:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5704 TOG Platinum Level Supporter
 DarkDuck's Avatar

Lurking
Default

name is wrong should be

Can't Connect (Was Can Connect, formilly Can't Connect, Rinse & Repeat)

hmmm, whats the pay like Sorontar? I would like to volunteer Splat if it's got now monetry reward
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 12:47 PM   #27 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245
 Sorontar's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDuck View Post
name is wrong should be
Can't Connect (Was Can Connect, formilly Can't Connect, Rinse & Repeat)
The circle of life perhaps.

Quote:
hmmm, whats the pay like Sorontar? I would like to volunteer Splat if it's got now monetry reward
Go ask Mojang. They might respond in a lifetime or two.

Sorontar
__________________

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 12:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 2240
 DeeP's Avatar

Relaxed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
UPDATE: Looks like it is the same issue as a couple of days ago, at least from our point-of-view. It is solely in Mojang's hands to fix, and given that it is presently the middle of the night in Scanadavia.... I think they need net support from the other side of the world.... say someone in Australia or New Zealand. Any volunteers?

Sorontar
I volunteer to call their mobiles in the middle of the night and yell 'WAKE UP' and 'URGENT PLEASE FIX MC not SLEEP'
__________________
DeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 01:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5704 TOG Platinum Level Supporter
 DarkDuck's Avatar

Lurking
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeP View Post
I volunteer to call their mobiles in the middle of the night and yell 'WAKE UP' and 'URGENT PLEASE FIX MC not SLEEP'
Deep, they are geek's, they no sleep at night, they programme, Notch will be off creating a new weird addition like, ooh the water wold and in 1.9 v 5 you will be able to get there but not back!!!!!

add to that, in Scanadavia, do they have the 6 month nights? if so, we are so boned
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2011, 01:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4025
 Obsi's Avatar

Cheeky
Default

Ahh, see, you people are too new to the division!

Back in the olden days, when it seemed minecraft was being run from a cardboard box.... we would *frequently* lose the ability to connect to the servers....all Notch's millions of euros that paypal was sitting on, weren't being put into resources so people could actually play....

We even had to have a funky little on/off light next to the server address, so you'd know if you'd be able to connect or not...

So it's just a bit of nostalgia, that's what it is :P
__________________

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +11. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0