Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th November 2011, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4025

Cheeky
Default For Manuzza (and anyone else)

You know the pig spawner food maker you made.... well I found a better way of doing it
(this is in my game)

I started out trying to replicate yours, with the cactus... but I couldn't work out how you did it, so then I figured if I use lava, I might end up with cooked pork.. and yes, you do - YAY!

I built mine into a hill, so the business end is mostly hidden from view (aesthetics, you know ) Though it's got a glass roof so you can stand there and watch it all working away.

I did discover though that if you're making it indoors.... you need enough roof clearance, or things get a bit out of hand....

anyhoo.... So you just go down the stairs and stand in front of collection hole to grab your tasty goodies....

I did have some trouble figuring out how to do the lava (which is why I hadn't noticed the place had become overrun with pigs until I went out to do something, and was a little surprised to see pigs as far as the eye could see!).... so I ended up googling.... so it's using the lava over ladder trick

Sometimes their tasty pork gets cooked for you, other times it comes out raw. But that's ok.

(while I was building this, I kept hearing zombies, so I went to investigate and found a spawner only about 5 block behind my pig farm here! which is cool, because then I'm close enough so the pig farm keeps making tons of meat while I'm down playing with the zombies!)

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4th November 2011, 12:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1667

Happy

I call it the lava knife I use that for all my mob traps. Have a really nice working one on our older survival server atm. It works very well. Though I usually funnel everything into a 3x5 room with a 5 wide lava knife over the collection hole.