Ok, my ideas for the Kelly gang
- Kelly Gang is 4 players, all in supplied iron armour with 4-8 food each, and a bow and arrows
- Colonial constables is 4 players, with supplied bow and arrows and 8-16 food
- Settlers are in whatever they can make themselves. It must come from the settlement site (and be made there).
- Kelly Gang has a predefined hotel hideout
- "Treasure" is placed in 3 chests. One is inside a building, one is in a minecart that travels around a powered track and the other is on a mining site.
- The idea is that the gang has to pinch one or more of the treasures, and get back to their hideout. If pursued, then they may fight the opponents. The hideout door may be locked and the hideout may not be destroyed/burnt during combat.
- Each round will start with the gang at their hideout, and all constables and settlers within the settlement, until they see a gang member.
- Not all the gang need do the raiding. Others can set up ambushes for pursuers.
- The settlers may aid the constables during the pursuit, or hinder them by attacking them.
- The gang wins if they reach their hideout and kill all pursuing constables. The constables win if they kill all the gang members. Each has only one life. The stolen treasure is shared amongst the victors. The settlers win any treasure held by a gang member they kill (their reward) or a share of the gang's treasure if they kill a constable (provided the gang wins).
Anyway, those were my thoughts. This way, there will be multiple treasures to keep watch over, one of which will be on a moving "train". The members of the gang and constables can change each round. The treasure can change too. It is up to the gang whether they raid during night or day and dropbears, bunyips etc will still be a problem.
Any improvements or different ideas?