TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st January 2012, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1663

Happy
Default Frontier Stronghold

While taking a break from my main construction I've been working on some roads and the like. So my short term goal is to try to connect up to the npc village not far from Splat.

In the process of connecting my road with the one that Coralon did off of the network surrounding my main project I decided to do a little exploring when I noticed a cave below the road along to coast.

I was happy to find some nice stocks of coal for my glass floor back home, and then I noticed the edge of a ravine.

Looking down the ravine I saw obvious construction at the end. I thouhg hmm someone must be down there making a home. I decided to trek down the side of the ravine and check it out. As I got closer it became more obvious that this was not made by a player. I actually have never seen a stronghold before in person, but here it was. I did some exploring found a couple small chests and while exploring a side tunnel I saw a single row of stone brick poking through. I dug through and went wow this is a cool room...then the weird little creatures started attacking me. I used some dirt and camped out over a lava pool and got on the wiki to find out what the heck these things were. For the record I don't like silverfish now

After a little bit more exploring I found a reasonably safe room and started digging out to the surface. So now there is a staircase going all the way up to and connected to the main road now.

I placed a few signs and dirt blocks to seal a skeleton spawner and the silverfish room. Other than a couple apples and normal odds and ends I didn't actually get too far into it since need to get to bed for work tomorrow.

But here is a map with the general area marked:

If you follow the main roads out of spawn that leads to or along my construction site you can get there pretty easily. Its really not too far away. Connected to the side of the road is a stone and wood construction with a sign that says Stronghold Entrance. It goes all the way down to a fairly safe room. I also placed a sign in there that should show up on the next map update.

Last edited by Misnik; 31st January 2012 at 07:47 PM.
Misnik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31st January 2012, 08:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3916

Doh

Well done Misnik
Old 31st January 2012, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9010

Thanks Misnik! You are the first of what I'm sure will be plenty to visit there.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2012, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 661

Just up the road from my place, will have to check it out for sure

If you note the bottom corner of the blue line in the diagram, I have waypoints for at least 5 spawners in an abandonned mine that can be reached via the slime pit (look for the big glass pit) that is under construction just to the right of the road as you head to the coast. All spawners are currently deactivated by torches but there may be more treasure etc in there that I have not found yet.
Old 31st January 2012, 09:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

The treasure is free for whoever finds it. Please remember that, unlike community mines, the stronghold is regarded a community resource. As such, it can not be largely modified without discussions with the community in this forum.

Sorontar

Old 1st February 2012, 10:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8254 TOG Silver Level Supporter

I went and visited the stronghold, quite interesting

Found some gold and other nice stuff, but as one would guess, at the worst possible time, right when crouching on a small ledge over a sea of lava, what happens? Well a zombie drops down right on my head, pushing me into the lava... Thanks

Lost a full iron armor set (with enchanted breast plate), 5 levels of experience and a more or less full inventory... Well at least I didn't have to find my way back to my base again
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

:/ That's why going as a party when exploring helps. You can hope that other party members are more tasty likely to see such mobs coming than you.

Sorontar

Old 1st February 2012, 10:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Elite - Post: 2653

Grumpy

Remember, folks: you don't have to outrun the zombie. You just have to outrun the guy closest to the zombie.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 12:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 661

LOL