Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th February 2012, 02:16 PM   #31 (permalink)
Division Captain
Survivalist Games (Destiny PS4 Leader)
Dangerous - Post: 820 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Amused

Obsi, Thanks for linking I think its really good.

Regarding draw distance, with the right mods you can double that again but that would require a server mod as well, which will put extra load on the server as it has to supply about twice as many chunks, so maybe we can get Sor to enable that mod just for when we want to video stuff and turn it off for standard game play.

I'm running minecraft enchanced high res texture pack with some of the cool rendering enchancements, I'll put up some screenshots to show the difference, maybe shoot some of my own video too.
I've got Final Cut Pro if anyone wants something edited well too.

Last edited by AdmiralTriggerH; 10th February 2012 at 02:19 PM.
AdmiralTriggerH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th February 2012, 03:11 PM   #32 (permalink)
Division Captain

Amused

Also Obsi, I've got playclaw and have used it for ages as an overlay for BFBC2 and BF3 but I have never got it working with Minecraft, version 3 will show the overlay but won't capture any video.
Did you do anything special?
Old 10th February 2012, 04:06 PM   #33 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 671

Yeehaw

I gave bandicam a quick run and if you can live with the watermark it is by far the easiest capture program i have used. Also for a division video I would by willing to chuck in a few dollars to buy a good soundtrack from audiojungle or somewhere similar.
Old 10th February 2012, 05:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4025

Cheeky

Quote:
I am a little annoyed nothing of min is in there /glare!!!!!!!! ROFL just teasing.
Your house would have been in the general sanctuary scene :P ... I was about to say that I didn't feature my stuff either, but then I remembered the TOGosseum...

You have no idea how hard it was to cut it down to fit the music! I had to play with it for quite a while to shave bits off so it could end when the music ended, while still keeping the music transitions in the right space (I don't know if you realised but it gets louder and more "fighty" in the "fight" section and calms down again in the "community" section....

I need to find a longer piece of music to make a longer one, but there will be no shortage of cool stuff to video, and I found a site with thousands of free to use music clips - it's just a case of listening to each one to see it's feel and how that will fit with the planed video. They have longer pieces too....

Quote:
have the url displayed for a bit longer instead of having it included in the rolling credits.
Unfortunately the movie maker program doesn't seem very customisable with those titles and things, which is a shame. There might be a way to do it, I'll have to see.. but to do the end credits, you enter the text in the fields they provide, and that's how it appears in the vid... so there is no option (that I could see) to slow it or even pause it on screen, or even change the font sizes or anything. All I could do was choose how quick the whole thing scrolls (by dragging it shorter or longer)... and I figured that yes it was fast, but people could pause it if they wanted to, and if I made it longer there would be more credits with no sound.

Quote:
Did you do anything special?
Overlay as in when people speak it shows on screen? I didn't try any of that

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 06:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Division Captain

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsi View Post
Overlay as in when people speak it shows on screen? I didn't try any of that
No, I mean to get it to capture the video.
With Playclaw 2 I don't get any overlay at all, with 3 I get the overlay but almost no options to make settings changes like I did with 2 and no video capture either
Old 11th February 2012, 12:27 AM   #36 (permalink)

Cheeky

Umm... I'm still not sure what you mean.... I had no trouble getting it to record.

But there are some options you get in a grey window thing when playclaw launches (basic key binding and where to save to), but then there is a hot key (by default I think it's left-shift and backspace?) which brings up a different options screen (blue), where you can turn off some of the things like the timers, fps and other display stuff that will otherwise show in the video (or you can set them to not show up in the video), and you can set other options that aren't available in that first grey window.

When I first got it, I tried videoing the Kelly Gang thing, but the disadvantage of turning off the display stuff is that there is no way to tell if you are recording anything or not. So after thinking I was recording when I wasn't, and ending up with very little footage So I turned on the fps display so that I know when I'm recording (it changes colour when you're recording)... but set it to not be in the video it takes.

I did have to rtfm to work out how some things worked
http://blog.playclaw.com/category/how-it-works/

Last edited by Obsi; 11th February 2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11th February 2012, 06:12 AM   #37 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3916

Doh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTriggerH View Post
No, I mean to get it to capture the video.
With Playclaw 2 I don't get any overlay at all, with 3 I get the overlay but almost no options to make settings changes like I did with 2 and no video capture either
Sometimes capture programs don't recognise the window. I used to have that issue with Fraps and MineCraft as well. It was a matter of starting one program before the other. I think from memory that the initial screen was an issue and then the capture got lost afterwards. I believe in Fraps I used to get MineCraft set-up then run Fraps once it was running. Maybe that will help.
Old 11th February 2012, 12:40 PM   #38 (permalink)

Cheeky

I had that problem with a lot of the free ones - they couldn't recognise the minecraft window..

but I just remembered, I saw something on the playclaw forum which could be the issue, but I can't remember exactly what it was... but something to do with the 32/64 bit operating system and the type of java?