Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th February 2012, 02:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5764 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

hmm sounds good, I suggest we create a trading house, sort of liek a large warehouse in spawn, were everyone can claim a small area, give me time and I will mock one up I am making a store house on my docks, something like this without the redstone doors and stuff would work.

otherwise permission to start a community building multi level in the spawn area bosses and I can make one there!
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12th February 2012, 04:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1667

Happy

There is still a lot of room above and below ground at spawn, as well as around it. I think anything would be fine. Most everyone tried to get away quickly. Just on the other side of the road from spawn umm current Northish is a fairly open area inland for example.

There is the locker room in the lower level at the moment that could also double for some exchanges in the short term. "I heard you needed stone so I put some in your locker, etc."
Old 13th February 2012, 08:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misnik View Post
As far as travel etc goes I do prefer real travel systems like roads and subways. But we do have /tp spawn and /tp home. So its little to no trouble at all to just pop in see if someone has what you need, or see if you can unload real quick.
Whether such teleportation is part of an individual's gameplay is up to the individual. Not everyone may wish to use them. That said, if they didn't, then exchanging resources would not be terribly easy.

As for making a new storage facitily, that is up to the community to decide. The locker room is good for that purpose, but I have also noticed that the community chests on the first floor are empty. While they are mainly designed to help new players and community projects, I would like to think that people will occasionally add a few spare tools/wood/stone etc in there.

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 13th February 2012 at 08:45 AM.
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 08:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

I like the idea of using the spawn fortress, since it's large enough, there and not really used for much else, so a community barter-house type thing fits well, and spawn is easy to get to for those who want to tp, and a station set up from within spawn to a rail system would be a good idea too.

We could always excavate a new level under spawn to house the trading room if needed, but I think that if a few things are moved around, it's probably easily able to fit with the current building.

It's a nice thought that those chests will be filled with free stuff for newbies, but they are all empty and I think they are in a weird spot... I think those free resources could easily be incorporated into a trading area type thing as a section of free stuff to take (but most things would need a single chest not doubles, to take up less space.

I think we could incorporate both ideas - the notice board and the individual "stall" idea.... Those who frequently have stuff they want to trade can have a little stall, those who want to use the board can do that.

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 12:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Architect
Minecraft
Deadly - Post: 1667

Happy

Spawn was also made to expand upwards as well so plenty of space yes.

I have felt sad most the time that I check the chests. During the first couple weeks people would use them and help out. Some of them were even starting to overflow their first double chest. After about the 3rd week the levels just got dropped way down. Then lower and lower and then even things like the nearly 300 seeds we had just poof vanished.

Also had to go replant the community farm a couple times as someone was taking and not planting I still put stuff in when I can and keep the farm active when I get away from my massive project enough to check.

But this trading house might work out a bit better. TBH.
Old 13th February 2012, 01:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1251

Amused

Personally, I don't understand people taking much stuff to set up. A lot of the fun in playing is starting out, with nothing, in hostile territory, and taming it.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 01:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

If you find things like the non-planted community farm, please let a mod/admin know, while it's not a big thing like griefing, it is unfair play that effects the way other players use the server.

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 01:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9273

We have had some kids of players start recently. But yes, I believe I put up a sign somewhere about restocking after use. Perhaps it is no longer in an appropriate place.

The Code of Conduct says:
Quote:
Respectively use and resupply community resources

Each of our worlds has a limited supply of resources that have been made available to all the community. This includes mined ores, tools, farm stock and crops that are all clearly signed as being available for the community to use when they are starting off, or working on community projects. Players are welcome to use such items but are asked to limit the quantity and frequency of their usage and to restock/seed/breed new items as soon as possible in return.
Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote