Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th March 2012, 02:12 PM   #51 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2946

Grumpy

I suppose I could find a way for you to place a spawner. It wouldn't do anything, though.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25th March 2012, 02:31 PM   #52 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
I suppose I could find a way for you to place a spawner. It wouldn't do anything, though.
As part of the test last night, I used a spawn egg to spawn a villager on a floating island and I spawned one in amongst the building concepts we were testing last night on the ground. The islander stayed on his island and the villager stayed around the buildings, retreating inside whenever we changed it to night. Two golems are protecting him/her/it (both the villager and the golem look like robots). The first golem was an accident The second was made because the first was initially too far away when I made the villager.

However, any other egg-spawned mob will disappear over time. One alternative is to place an egg in a dispenser and spawn mobs on a needs basis, e.g. when someone presses a pressure pad. It will still disappear over time, but it will be there for the effect when people are there.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 03:23 PM   #53 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5704 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

hmm, my thoughts are for a factory area with a few conveyor belts ie

would be cool to have mobs getting crushed, but we could make do with say just a dispencer blurting out blocks etc
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 03:30 PM   #54 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2946

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
As part of the test last night, I used a spawn egg to spawn a villager on a floating island and I spawned one in amongst the building concepts we were testing last night on the ground. The islander stayed on his island and the villager stayed around the buildings, retreating inside whenever we changed it to night. Two golems are protecting him/her/it (both the villager and the golem look like robots). The first golem was an accident The second was made because the first was initially too far away when I made the villager.

However, any other egg-spawned mob will disappear over time. One alternative is to place an egg in a dispenser and spawn mobs on a needs basis, e.g. when someone presses a pressure pad. It will still disappear over time, but it will be there for the effect when people are there.

Sorontar
That would work. The regular spawner won't, because the server is set to not spawn monsters.
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 03:49 PM   #55 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5704 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
That would work. The regular spawner won't, because the server is set to not spawn monsters.

I don't think mob eggs spawn from dispencers!!!
nevermind they work now

however we could make a containment vat (ie a large container of iron) with a opening on the base that works on a timer so a few drop at once!!!

might work

Last edited by DarkDuck; 25th March 2012 at 03:58 PM.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote