Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th April 2012, 02:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Already having trouble with monsters on the lines though. It would take an awful lot of fencing to fence it off.
One suggestion may be to make a ditch either side of the tracks. Spiders might still be an issue, but are rare. Not sure whether mobs can spawn on the tracks.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16th April 2012, 05:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 609

Tired

I've tried to map out the train lines based on 16x16 chunks and where peoples builds (that I know of) are. The idea is to make it as easy as possible for people to link up their builds.

I wasn't sure the best program to use so I've put it in Excel (the grid made it easier to map the chunks) for now.

Attached is the Excel spread sheet and a screenshot of the spread sheet zoomed out all the way.

If someone has a better way of mapping this out (better app or format that makes it easier to view) I've included a text file of the coordinates of the rail lines and builds I've found so far today.

Edit: Unfortunately the grid I made didn't put North Up so it's different to any other maps people have done.

Edit #2: I also may have got the line directions wrong (North, South etc) because they aren't labelled at Grand Central but that's easily fixed. The only one I'm sure about is the West Line, so I might just have North and South mixed up (which means North is actually UP)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Train Lines.jpg (25.8 KB, 61 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Coords.txt (1.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: zip MCMap.zip (12.2 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Akira Doe; 16th April 2012 at 05:17 PM.
Akira Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 04:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 271

Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
Not sure whether mobs can spawn on the tracks.
Sorontar
Yes, they can spawn on the block under the rails.

Thanks for the info, Akira. That'll help immensely in linking up.

**EDIT**

I was thinking of taking this route here, in red. The Yellow circles are the places I know people have built so far, and I want to check with others to make sure I won't step on toes if I build along the proposed route.

The shorter Z coordinate would be going north to 1059, then along the X axis to Akira's farm/Gasman's area.

Last edited by Maorin; 17th April 2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Included screen shot and outlined planned route for community approval.
Maorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2012, 09:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Div. Vice Captain
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 2582 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

There is an intersection nearby on the dessert island (see the little red arrow). I can't figure out which way the lines run from there but essentially it where mine and kitty's lines meet.

Old 23rd April 2012, 12:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 785

Mellow

Hoathy, when you're on next can we go explore that intersection in the desert? It's quite close to me (SE of the desert) and if there are rails there, maybe I could link over there?
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 03:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Div. Vice Captain
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 2582 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Lurking

Yeah no worries. Just grab me when I pop on, occasionally I'm only in momentarily so just jump up and down and shout.

P.S. I'll only show you if you have a game of Spleef with someone (anyone) and send me the result. Free cake at the arena for anyone who participates

P.P.S. It's a hollow threat, I'll show you anyway. But seriously, free cake!
Old 23rd April 2012, 05:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 785

Mellow

For the record, Akira's map is slightly backwards (as we found out). North is down, and the west line should be pointing the other way.

Working on a new version after Akira's help connecting me to an interchange on West; +1 diamonds of thanks.

Hoath: I figured out I am way super far from you... never mind the above.
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote