Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th April 2012, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9245

Default Updating to MC 1.2.5 on Tuesday 10th April

The initial testing has been done and the plan is to update our servers on Tuesday 10th April. It will take a while so don't be surprised if either of the servers are down for quite some time. Some preliminary testing may also be done tomorrow.

Unfortunately though, the testing revealed issues with one of our Bukkit plugins so we may not initially have use of the teleport command. This would prevent teleporting to other players, to spawn and to your spawning site (a bed or spawn). However, a short term solution may be available - warps.

For Sanctuary, all players will be able to warp to any public warp point and set new ones (as per normal). Any existing warps may need to be reset due to various world data changes. One will be set for the default spawn location.

For Frontier, all players will be allowed to use warps but not to set them. That way, players will be able to warp to a default spawn warp-point, but I am afraid that until we resolve the teleporting issue, all players will have walk to and from their building sites and any other location. There is no automatic way to set warps to your own beds. Therefore, make sure you have set your spawn bed in a convenient location.

I will start another thread over the weekend on other decisions the Admin team has made with respect to the changes in 1.2.5.

Thanks for your patience,

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8th April 2012, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 634

Tired

Sounds great. I've been looking forward to trying out the update for a long time now.

I'm not sure I understand the difference between a spawn bed and a normal bed, but I've been trying to wean myself off teleporting anyway so the new Rail system and the existing Nether network should do the trick (on Frontier).

I'm going to guess that the spawn bed is the current bed that is being used at the time the update is applied, but if we change beds (as in sleep in a different) it will still warp us to the original bed not the new one we just set.

Either way, looking forward to it and thanks for all the hard work getting us to this point !
Old 8th April 2012, 11:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

I am meaning that the last bed that you sleep or lie on is the one you will spawn at when you die (as distinct from a bed you don't sleep on, or slept on prior to the current spawn bed). Currently that is where you go to if you use \tp home or \kill. However, with the update, we won't have any working teleport. Therefore you want to have at least your spawn bed in a convenient location so that should you die, you at least will have access to tools and food.

If you then change beds, the new bed will work as normal. Once we get teleporting working again, you will be able to \tp home to whatever is your spawn bed at the time. If you don't have a spawn bed, you will teleport to the default spawn location.

There will be no \warp home on Frontier (or rather it will be the same as \warp spawn). \warp home on Sanctuary will take you to wherever you have defined a warppoint called home, or to the default spawn.

Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 8th April 2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 8th April 2012, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5138

Amused

Very cool. As for the Teleport command, people and get off their butts and walk
Old 8th April 2012, 01:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 634

Tired

Thanks Sor, that makes a lot more sense.

Hopefully later today I can work on a cart return system, after learning how and the rail line between Grand Central, my home and my farm will be complete.

There is always the Nether network...

Last edited by Akira Doe; 8th April 2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Still need to proof read when using my phone...
Akira Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Master of Squee
Elite - Post: 2900 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Relaxed

I'm so excited. I actually sang that when I read the post. Best Easter present ever (especially since I have annual leave this week, gonna be a lot of minecrafting).

As for no teleport - got my highway to spawn done just in time!

Woo woot!
Old 9th April 2012, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

I might have worked out what the issue is with the teleporting. You may yet get it in some form.

Sorontar

Old 9th April 2012, 03:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1250

Amused

Keep up the good work Sor. Much appreciated by all!!
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 11:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Division Captain
Survivalist Games
Dangerous - Post: 819 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Amused

I have some stuff stored in the nether which is outside the area which is going to be regenerated, so do you have a specific time as I would like to retrive it all first.
May need help doing it
AdmiralTriggerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 11:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

I will be working on Sanctuary first but I have no idea how long this will take. I will be doing it during the day, though I can probably delay the Trimming of the Nether till night Melbourne time (after 6pm AEST).

Sorontar