The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Minecraft (Public Forum) (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/)
-   -   Your feedback on MC 1.2.5 (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/427959-your-feedback-mc-1-2-5-a.html)

Sorontar 20th April 2012 02:53 PM

Your feedback on MC 1.2.5

We have had MC 1.2.5 for 10 days now. It gave us things like jungles, ocelots, higher airspace, smarter monsters and villagers who like to stay near their homes and golems. I am wondering what you as players think of it? Has it changed how you play? Have you been intentionally been trying out the new stuff?

Also, we had a few small changes to our code of conduct to accommodate the new stuff (cf. http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...w-we-play.html). Have any of you been bold enough to try to tidy up and beautify NPC villages? Have villagers been overrunning your nearby buildings and you wish you could kill them? Do you have a perfect place to place a dispenser loaded with flame charges (but aren't bold enough to ask an admin for permission)?

Just asking for feedback so we can better understand how people play on our servers.

Sorontar

Akira Doe 20th April 2012 05:38 PM

I've enjoyed the new height limit to try my Creeper farm prototype (which worked but has since been redesigned to be a gunpowder/bone/arrow/rotten flesh collector).

I've also liked being able to secure my vault with a Golem or two.

The biggest "natural" change I've made to my gameplay is having a cat (*sigh*, I'm a dog person) follow me when I'm caving to help keep the creepers away.

Maorin 20th April 2012 06:28 PM

New height limit has been one of the most important things to me, and I plan on using woods from all sources for decorative purposes. I should probably have a few golems running around, and the new AI is fun as well. Keeps you on your toes.

The cats are a nice touch, but I really enjoy the jungle biomes. They're a really nice addition to the world, and I might build a tree fort later on :)

MadMax 20th April 2012 08:13 PM

Unfortunately I couldn't find a jungle biome anywhere near me, despite being at the edge of the world. Visited raeka's area to see the jungle, and really like it.

Very annoyed at the dogs randomly teleporting to me despite them being told to sit.

New height limit is great, and allowed me to finish building my temple roof.

Not too keen on the improved AI for mobs.

Don't really know what a golem is or how to find/get one.

Still have not done any magic stuff.

Have not ventured too much in the nether.

Never seen the END dragon nor even know how to.

Haven't seen the dungeon thingy on frontier.

Been busy on my temple (and gathering resources), and scenic railway.

HenriDeacon 20th April 2012 09:41 PM

The new plank types add some variety. The jungle cats are fun to tame. As i built on a mountain, the new height limit helps a lot.

Hoathy 21st April 2012 02:04 AM

I've been storing mats and waiting for the new height limit for so long now. Finally enjoying constructing my sky pagoda on a floating island, complete with a connecting rail from my farm (should be easily visible once our maps update). Haven't played with any other features really but happy enough for now :)

Edit: Giant pagoda. Frame is done, slowly working on the interior (subtle design is not my strong point)

Obsi 21st April 2012 03:14 PM

yeah the animals teleporting after you've told them to sit is annoying

Maorin 21st April 2012 05:42 PM

Speaking of 1.2.5, I was broswing the Minecraft wiki, looks like Tectonicus will work with 1.2.5 if the latest .jar is used, which looks to be 2.08. Just a heads up if you hadn't already checked.

Sorontar 21st April 2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maorin (Post 3502820)
Speaking of 1.2.5, I was broswing the Minecraft wiki, looks like Tectonicus will work with 1.2.5 if the latest .jar is used, which looks to be 2.08. Just a heads up if you hadn't already checked.

I noticed that yesterday. If one of us Admins has time this weekend, we will run tests on our worlds. We have been looking at an alternative (The Minecraft Overviewer) if it doesn't work. In the meantime, you'll have to put up with a map that is about 2 weeks old (and pre MC 1.2.5).

Sorontar