For those who want yet another version of Minecraft, you can now download one for your Xbox 360. It is gradually being unlocked across the world - Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition - Xbox.com
. There is also a free trial version.
This version was produced by 4J Studios and is based on Minecraft Beta 1.6 with a few extra bits.
What it has that is different:
- Any world can become a multiplayer for 8 people
- Any xbox can play a world splitscreen with 4 players
- Crafting is guided with menus
- Beginners are offered a tutorial
- Smooth frame-rate
What doesn't if have:
- Custom skins
- Custom texture packs
- Creative mode
- Jungles and cats
- Unlimited worlds as they are limited to 1000x1000 blocks
- Server control
So if any of you decide to buy it, tell us what you think. It is planned to be improved over time, like the Mobile version.