Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd May 2012, 01:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9122

Default Mojang's plans for Testificates

It looks like Jens is playing with Testificates. (https://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/204610409980903425)

Quote:
This is how I perform experiments on Testificates: i.imgur.com/bIThE.png

Quote:
... and this is why I'm playing with Testificates: i.imgur.com/Z113y.png (work in progress, as usual)

Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 23rd May 2012, 04:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

The discussion on the minecraft forum has also noted that folks have enhanced the dark image and can see what appears to be a new ore block (or possibly re-textured redstone). They looked to me like rubies.

-Brew

Last edited by Brew; 23rd May 2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 608

Tired

I'd love to see zombies attack them and if they are killed they turn into more zombies, but still in the clothes they were wearing (so not your standard zombie skin)...

It would be cool if that happened to the players too. That is, if you're killed by a zomibe you turn into one yourself and you die after a short period. During that period you can be "healed" by other players to return you back to human.

I'm just sick... I take that back, not "sick of" but it would be nice if the danger element wasn't just death but a range of other interesting ways to be incapacitated that plays on the multiplayer elements too.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mod like that, but if that was in vanilla I'd be happy
Old 25th May 2012, 01:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

From the latest snapshot (The latest Minecraft snapshot), it appears that each villager will offer trades of different items, depending on their occupation. So blacksmiths will trade tools, cooks will trade food, etc. Not sure about the currency, but it might be emeralds, a new item.

Sorontar

Old 25th May 2012, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 608

Tired

I wonder if you can just kill them for their drops... Not that I would on Frontier, just thinking out loud...
Old 25th May 2012, 10:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

One post I saw said that they will only offer you one trade at a time. They won't offer you a new trade with a different item until you have completed the previous one. Therefore, they may never actually possess the items until the trade transaction.

Sorontar

Old 25th May 2012, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4009

Cheeky

I presume they would make it that you can't kill them for their drops. Like how (I believe) you can't get drops from killed baby animals.

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2012, 07:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 1

Here's the trading system

Last edited by Obsi; 26th May 2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Fixed youtube link
Royaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2012, 05:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 56

Cool

Wish they just took Millenaire's mod and put it in. I am having a blast with it.
BigMik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

It seems that the emeralds used for trading won't be found in ores.

Quoting Jens from reddit (jeb_ comments on Jeb removing emerald ore again)
Quote:
The reason I added emeralds in the first place was because I wanted to add a currency that I can "control." In other words, something that's exclusive to trading.

Then I decided that the emeralds could be found in really small amounts in the "extreme hills" biome, just as a nice surprise for people who mined there. The amount was really small, and it was really hard to find since it's were spread over a larger y-span. In other words, not worth the effort to search for, but a nice surpise if you happend to find it.

This lead to the situation where I received a lot of complaints that it took too much effort to find emeralds. I could of course ignore those complaints, but it's very annoying to see it popping up everywhere. I could have "fixed" that by making it easier to find, but then I would've ruined the basic idea to keep emeralds linked with trading.

So, now I decided to remove the ore from the world generator. This will hopefully lead to less confusion, and fewer complaints in the long run.