Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th June 2012, 06:23 PM   #101 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5704 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

Circus Tent Minecraft Project

or a timelapse

DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5th June 2012, 06:55 PM   #102 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 396

Thanks for the links Duck. Sor, if that's what you linguists party to your a stranger bunch than I first thought.

I had a crack at something this afternoon, much trickier than I thought, most of the vids and pics I found were of quite a large scale, too much for the village/spot so I decided to wing it and for better or worse, it's up.
Thanks to Aveege for a very generous donation of wool.
Feel free to change it how you please if you have a better design, the inside I'm happy with, but the outside could be better.

That said, the ring is up, safe and lit, theres even a couple small chests to drop armour and weapons.. If anyone could spare it I'd love a piece of blue and red wool so I can mark the corners too.

So get scrapping! Let the fisticuffs begin!

Espesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2012, 03:04 AM   #103 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 280

K dug a tunnle from where the station is going in the town to the end of the line at Admirals farm(it heads directly east till it hits the bourder then follows the bourder near all the way so its 1 block out of the pvp zone can be dug out more but ONLY on the east and north side untill it turns right )

built a church in the corner near Espesh tent (in the walls of cause) and a cemitery over the fence from it (iv not died yet but I claim the 2nd from the left in the 1st row) added some coffens near the gallows

well here is some pics of the church and its amasing what a texter pack dose to something (looked heaps better making it)

with out texter pack

with texter pack

the villagers have been cheaking it out of cause
TAZZROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2012, 11:45 AM   #104 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9243

Nice work. I can see the sparring tent to the left as well. My only stylistic suggestion is that the roof of the church needs to be something other than stone/cobblestone. I suggest planks like the building in the bottom right corner.

We also need to think about the streetscape. I noticed grass has been placed around the place. Some of it might have been lost with the replanning of the roads, so it may pay to add it again. Also water troughs, places to tie horses, boxes, carts in the alleyways, signs, etc etc.

Sorontar

Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2012, 12:38 PM   #105 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4025

Cheeky

I think the church looks great - well done!

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2012, 01:22 PM   #106 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2774

Innocent

in relation to the street scape - I think main street (where ever that may be) needs to have building right up against each other, if not sharing a common frontage - seems they are always that way in the movies!
Old 6th June 2012, 03:28 PM   #107 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
in relation to the street scape - I think main street (where ever that may be) needs to have building right up against each other, if not sharing a common frontage - seems they are always that way in the movies!
The widest street (5 blocks wide) is the one I have marked in white in this now out-of-date photograph (nicely coloured by the local artist). That is what I thought to be the main street, with a similarly wide road leading to it from the front gate. I believe it now has the church at one end and the station and saloon at the other.

Sorontar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redstonevillage_2012-06-05b.jpg (90.2 KB, 42 views)

Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2012, 04:00 PM   #108 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4025

Cheeky

It's a bit of a shame that the roads from the main 2 entrances don't form a clear pathway, the one from the side leading from where the naughty cinema is winds around a bit.... but it's too late to fix that without removing some of the buildings players have made.

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 12:49 AM   #109 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 280

k Train line now has a single line running from Admirals train station (platform 5) id like to get Admirals aproval to make line 5 a 2 way line setup 1 out bound and 1 in bound from the station, I made a line switch setup on the line near Admirals farm where you dont have to stop and change the line like you do to get to Ducks place

Ill get a pic and put it up tomoro when im on again
TAZZROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 06:41 AM   #110 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5704 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

Permission Granted. the lines are designed to be either single or dual, it's your call.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote