Okay, from looking at the maps, where beds, players, construction, signs and torches are, I suggest the following areas:
Remember that we may wish to expand it later, so areas on the borders are best. I also don't think we all want to be in snowy areas, but it is good to have as an option.
Looking at each area in turn
- can be expanded on two sides, but is small to start with
- can be expanded on its longest side and has a wide range of biomes, but a lot is sand and no big grassy area
- can be expanded on its longest side but will expand into ocean. Has a wide range of biomes, but no big grassy area.
- lots of trees but is small to start with
- lots of snow but can be expanded on its longest side
My favourite is 2. I don't think we want to use 2 and 3 combined. Natural sea waters are helpful borders, so I wouldn't want to just use the combined middle sections of 2 and 3 either. I don't think this needs a poll, but has anyone have any objections to going with 2?