TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 8th June 2012, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 34

Cynical
Post Making a claim

Playing it safe for a while. I'll go back to being blown up on Frontier once I get comfortable being on multiplayer. I'm too worried about messing up someone's stuff.

So anyway, I think I might have staked out a decent spot in the Sanctuary Spawn Village. Per the rules, I went ahead and marked out a spot with torches.

By the way, I saw that you guys have voice comms. What is mumble? Is that something separate from TS?

Coordinates: (This is what showed up when I typed in /getpos. It looks a bit odd, though. Not sure if it's right.)

X: -325.885
Y: 69
Z: -194.753

Some landmarks:

It's on a sort of peninsula. Across the water, I see the Togservatory and what appears to be some sort of cathedral. I centered my claim around what looks like the top of a giant red mushroom or something. It didn't look like it was being used for anything--It was just floating there--so I'm thinking that it's probably up for grabs and would make a neat sort of roof.

Finally, I didn't see any sort of procedure for making a claim in the spawn village aside from the 15X15X10 rule. I'm assuming that I'm supposed to post here before doing anything.

Amidoinitrite?
TheYawper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8th June 2012, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYawper View Post
Playing it safe for a while. I'll go back to being blown up on Frontier once I get comfortable being on multiplayer. I'm too worried about messing up someone's stuff.
[snip]
Amidoinitrite?
Doing well to think about making a claim. We are not too concerned about where village homes are set up, provided the basic planning rules are followed. The mushroom is regarded as part of your house so its height is included in the 10 blocks high. At one stage, the village was all we were playing on between Minecraft versions, so this is why we had to set the rules. If you want to think big, find a spot elsewhere on the world and lay claim to it. No planning rules there.

If you need guidance, have a look at the weekly maps on the sticky - Our Worlds - servers, maps, claims, downloads

I think you may be referring to a lighthouse or maybe not. All mushrooms on Sanctuary were man-made (much to some players dislike). This is the part of the world I think you are talking about.

The floating lighthouse is in the centre of the image. Or are you meaning the area to the east of the TOGservatory, near a wooden statue of a man and dog?
[update] It appears you do. That area has not been used for ages. I see no problems with someone setting up there.

As for Mumble, it is a free voice communicator that is like TeamSpeak. The details for our Mumble server are in the TOG members subforum of this division. It is hosted courtesy of Togger Exekwetable and his company SolutionsFirst, who also host the Mumble (and game) servers for divisions like Team Fortress 2. There is also a TOG-wide Mumble server somewhere and apparently a channel for us there but we never use it.

Sorontar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sanctuary_lighthouse_8.6.2012.jpg (120.1 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Sorontar; 8th June 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: expand Exe's name
Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 34

Cynical

Yup, that's the one near the statue. If you were to put your finger on the TOGservatory in the bottom of that picture on this thread and then move that finger down and to the right ever so slightly, then you'll be right where my proposed location is. I haven't found the lighthouse yet.
TheYawper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claim