Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th June 2012, 01:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9172

Exclamation The Wild West pvp region on Frontier

We now have an area of Frontier specially reserved for pvp gameplay - the Wild West! This region runs by a variation of the standard rules that allows things like players to attack and rob each other at will. However, once you leave the area, normal Frontier rules apply.

The area is found near the southern edge of the world. A trainline is being made but there is also a signed path from spawn via the Nether.

The border around the Wild West is marked by light poles. Many have signs that indicate that you are entering the pvp area (or exiting if you approach from the other side).

On the eastern border of the Wild West is the peaceful village of Piedra Roja (that is "Redstone" for those from north of the border). This town has villagers who will happily trade with you in all manner of items and services. However, the village has its own by-laws, the most of important of which is no pvp gameplay is allowed within the town walls. So stay a while and get to know the locals. For once you leave its protection and journey into the Wild West, you will need your wits about you. Wild beasts and banditos are the least of your worries.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg frontier_wildwest_map.jpg (45.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg frontier_wildwest_map2.jpg (119.8 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Sorontar; 3rd March 2013 at 08:58 PM. Reason: updated map
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th June 2012, 01:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Default Standing Orders for the Wild West

Standing Orders for the Wild West

These are the preliminary rules for the Wild West pvp area. They may be amended as the gameplay in the area develops.

1. These rules only apply to the Wild West area. Outside the area, normal Frontier rules apply.
  2. If a situation is not covered by these rules, then normal Frontier rules apply.
  3. If any groups of players wish to play variations of these rules amongst themselves (e.g. allow imported enchanted armour), they should discuss it with the Admin team.
  4. Players may attack each other with weapons or fists, without warning or request.
  5. Players can form disguised traps to injure or trap other players.
  6. Players can destroy or amend each others constructions at will.
  7. Players can steal each others possessions, including from constructions or chests.
  8. Players can kill or steal crops and farm animals from each other.
  9. No player can claim an area.
  10. Players can form alliances.
  11. Lava and fire cannot be used as a handheld weapon.
  12. Items used within the Wild West should be constructed there from resources mined there.
  13. Items and resources won, mined or constructed in the Wild West should remain in the Wild West as potential targets for other players.
  14. XP used to enchant items should have primarily been obtained in the Wild West.
  15. Teleporting to players cannot be used without their express permission. Teleporting to escape danger is regarded as bad sportmanship.

Last edited by Sorontar; 22nd July 2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: add 3, clarify 13, extend 15
Old 9th June 2012, 01:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Standing orders for Piedra Roja/Redstone

These are the preliminary rules for the Piedra Roja village. They may be amended as the gameplay in the area develops.

1. These rules override any Wild West rules.
  2. If any situation is not covered by these rules, then normal Frontier rules apply.
  3. These rules apply to the land within the village walls on the eastern border of the Wild West area. This land extends from sky to bedrock.
  4. No player-versus-player gameplay is allowed in the village, including combat, stealing, traps or vandalism.
  5. Players are allowed to combat zombies in the event of a zombie siege.
  6. Players can only store worn armour and inventory items from the WW temporally in marked chest in the village, e.g. the railway station. This storage should only be used when they wish to leave the Wild West area and not to "hide" or "hoard" wealth. Items for construction within the village or for use outside the Wild West area are exempt.
  7. Players can only take food etc from chests marked as community items.
  8. Players can harvest community crops, but must replant afterwards.
  9. Players can shear, milk and take eggs from community farm animals, but may not kill them or herd them out of the village.
  10. Food from Piedra Roja can be taken out into the Wild West.
  11. Players can (eventually) trade with the villagers and each other in Piedra Roja.
  12. Items can be enchanted in Piedra Roja in the book store or on any enchantment table made within the Wild West. Potions can be made in Piedra Roja in the doctor's surgery.
  13. Players can use beds in the village as spawn points.

Last edited by Sorontar; 22nd July 2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: clarify 6, add 12
Old 9th June 2012, 02:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

reserved, in case anything else needs to be added

Old 10th June 2012, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2752

Innocent

Could we please add that the Trainline into Redstone is likewise a non pvp area?
Whilst technically it does run through unprotected lands, I feel it should be treated as a part of redstone - so no railway ambushes!
Old 10th June 2012, 01:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 280

the trainline runs only in protected land under Redstone and then on the outside of the bourder till the 1st right then heading away from the pvp zone
TAZZROK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2190

sad to see all my work go to waste

I'm going to pull up my railway and re-route it away from the pvp zone.

Once was known as Stuman
Medieval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 03:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

But your work is in the middle of the pvp area. People can use it privately, since they are unlikely to tell the forum that they have made tunnels etc to it. The difference is that Stuman's route is PVP, so banditos can attack trains. The route to Peidra Roja is protected as it is outside the pvp area. It can just be used to get there from Spawn etc.

You are welcome to remove it, but it may yet have a purpose.

Personally though, I would like to see an above ground route on the desert that we can set up for scenarios. Maybe it could go from Piedra Roja's station out into the Wild West to the west coast, with a few stations/water stops on the way.

Sorontar

Old 12th June 2012, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2190

Yeah I know but when I built the line it wasn't. I'll need the resources from it to redo the line elsewhere anyway.

Once was known as Stuman
Medieval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medieval View Post
Yeah I know but when I built the line it wasn't. I'll need the resources from it to redo the line elsewhere anyway.
Because we are inconveniencing you, I am happy for you to be spawned the equivalent amount of powered and unpowered tracks and a diamond pick. You can then build new tracks somewhere and leave the old one. This may be Frontier but the Division has basically taken over your construction so we should be able to compensate you, especially since you can't use it safely in the manner you intended.

Sorontar