Frontier 3D Nether Portal Map
This post contains a link to the latest version of the Frontier 3D Nether Portal Map. If you know why you should care, and are experienced or confident interacting with a 3D image embedded in a PDF file using Acrobat Reader, then you're all set. Go for it, and enjoy!
If you're a little less sure why a 3D Nether Map is needed or useful, would like to see a video preview first, or want some coaching on how to use Acrobat Reader for viewing 3D PDF files, then the following few posts in this thread may offer some helpful insights. Study up... then go for it, and enjoy for yourself as well!
3D Map PDF Download – Current Version
left-click on this download link:
Frontier 3D Nether Portal Map 06
Instead, right-click on the link and choose "Save Link As...", "Download Linked File", or a similar save-file-to-disk menu option relevant to your browser of choice. For most of us, attempting to open this file with a left click will likely make neither us nor our browsers very happy.
Nether Directory Map
(Click here to view full high-res image)
Version 06: June 16, 2012
Features and Additions:Previous Version Release Notes
- New Nether Color Paths help to distinguish crossovers and correspond to the directory diagram above. See this post for details.
- Map now has 36 portals including the addition of TOUR0KS ESTATE, Blacksok's Mound, Akirad0e's Village, Irimar, and Double Zombie XP Farm (#4).
- 17 brick-textured diamonds on paths that have yet to be mapped.
- 8 red-grid-textured diamonds mark exposed nether access.
- "Mystery Portal B" renamed to "Minerduck's".
- Old Spawn Portal room (blue level) and Admiral Trigger Happy's Nether Farm added.
- Map shows newly built, shortened (orange level) path to Piedra Roja, Henrideacon's, and Minerducks (thanks Akira!)'.
- Map shows newly re-built straight-level path from from [Akirad0e's Village, Irimar, Double Zombie XP Farm (#4)] to main sign-board hall on red level. It also shows the former stairs down, walkway, and stairs up path beneath this new route that was formerly used but is now blocked off by wooden block at both ends.
- Double half-height stone brick texture being used instead of stone brick texture on floors and walls.
- Deweyoxberg's portal has reportedly been taken down.
- Some brick markers at mapped locations were overlooked and should be removed.
are published in a post below.