Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st June 2012, 08:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 106

Default Nethercraft

Nethercraft - Recent Changes in the Nether

There is some new signage and color in the area around the Spawn Nether Portal. The sign colors correspond with those on the new color paths and portal directory published in the latest Nether Portal Map. I'd like to get feedback in case anyone has severe objections, since at this point it's still quite easy to revert to the previous colorless theme.

With his consent, I've also started adding more glass windows to some of Akirad0e's tunnels, so it's easier to see out and enjoy the view. I've expanded and added more glass walls to the Spawn Portal area as well.

The long glass wall ending in stairs down to the orange level path, and the long glass wall ending in stairs down to the red level path, overlook the back and front respectively of the large cavernous area in which I propose to name and/or expand into the "Nether Lava Bar". This area is well below the current Spawn portal, and directly above the old Spawn Portal Room beside Admiral's Nether Farm. Many paths at lower levels already connect with (or through) this common expanse, and many of the higher paths overlook it -- as you can now easily see from looking out the long glass windows.

I welcome any suggestions, comments, or assistance with the new signage and Nether Lava Bar projects.

In other Nether-related news:

I posted a query about the Akirad0e's Floating Island sign in the Nether Portal Map thread.

It appears Mystery Portal E goes to DaedalusAlpha's domain.

I'm soliciting donations of wool and/or dye for color signage since I currently lack a sheep farm. White wool is always useful, and current colors in use include red, orange, cyan, lime, (... and uh, "melon" which I have plenty of). Happy to come pick it up, or you can drop it in my spawn locker.

Thanks!
Rhof is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21st June 2012, 12:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2929

Grumpy

I don't know how much wool you need, but I dropped some in your chest at spawn to get you started. Let me know if you need more.

Last edited by Irimar; 21st June 2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: I know spel gud
Irimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 632

Tired

I always wanted to use more glass, but the original use of glass was because waaaaaay back when we started the new map for Frontier. It looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhof View Post
I posted a query about the Akirad0e's Floating Island sign in the Nether Portal Map thread
Posting about that now.
Old 21st June 2012, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irimar View Post
I don't know how much wool you need, but I dropped some in your chest at spawn to get you started. Let me know if you need more.
Wow. You, others, or some wool fairies left enough colored wool in my chest to make the tooth fairies lime green with jealousy.

I don't know how much I need either, but my guess is "a whole bunch less than I now have", for several of the primary colors at least. Looks like we're set for Lime, Red, Cyan, and Orange. Some white and a bit of yellow would be nice.

Thanks!
Old 21st June 2012, 09:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master of Squee
Elite - Post: 2835 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Relaxed

On another nether related note, I had zero luck finding a nether fortress tonight. Anyone got some directions? I need a little netherbrick
Old 22nd June 2012, 01:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've no clue where it is either... I only know how to get to the stronghold. I'm practically sure I saw a post on the forum, possibly by Sorontar, that was something like an annotated snapshot of the Technoticus map showing three known fortresses (or somethings). I did several Google searches through our forums and was not able to find it. There have been other recent posts with this same question which have gone unanswered. I too would like to know where the fortresses are. Anyone have suggestions how us among the clueless might find out?

What I can offer is this: If someone can locate it, I can certainly put it on the Nether Map... whether there's a path to it or not. Perhaps that's why it's being kept so secret, eh?
Old 22nd June 2012, 01:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9213

DarkDuck knew at one stage on one of the worlds. He had built a path to one.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2012, 02:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master of Squee

Relaxed

Solved. There's an open air path heading from the checked board area near minerduck that heads to a very large nether fortress with long pillars (abundent netherbrick). Apparently they spawn on the same axis so I will attempt to find more for prosperity
Old 22nd June 2012, 02:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Coordinates please? Ah yes. I know exactly where you mean. There's currently an "unexplored" marker on the map right there. I was agast with ghast attacks when I tried to follow it the last time so I moved on to easier fare. I'll look into it.

Let me know if and where you find more.

Thanks!
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Master of Squee

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhof View Post
Ah yes. I know exactly where you mean. There's currently an "unexplored" marker on the map right there. I was agast with ghast attacks when I tried to follow it the last time so I moved on to easier fare.
That's the one. It's quite a long walk down that path (which isn't competed) but site enough there is a fortress at the end.