Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st July 2012, 03:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 319

Question Couple oF questions for frontier

First, you guys are great, and the server is awesome. Thanks for all the help so far.

I don't know my way around too well, and the only map I have only goes from the spawn to the southwest area where I buillt my sphere thing, and it looks like everything in that area is built up for miles and miles. Is there any place where I can mine a large amount of sand? I'd like to get a small chest full for future builds and mine it all at once.

Next, I see the sign for 'spawn' in underground passage of our starting area, but I could not find it. Is it a spawn box?nor something else?

Thanks,

Segreto
segreto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1st July 2012, 03:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Cartographer
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 468

Heres a good map that is updated weekly.
TOG Minecraft Server Maps
Aveege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 05:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks. I saw that map before, but I had no idea it was zoomable.
Old 1st July 2012, 07:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 617

I see from the map that your build is just south of me and east of Stuman. Welcome to the neighborhood! A couple of things of note around you; the road between spawn and the Spleef arena runs through the village next to you. The forest between you and me is artificial, and was planted by Stuman and me. I just dropped the extra saplings from my construction as I could. I was planning on filling that area out more, but I'll leave it up to you, now that it's your claim.

"Spawn" just refers to the building in the center of town where new players and players without beds spawn. There is a central Nether portal there as well as spare supplies, a community farm, enchanting table, trading post board, etc.
Old 1st July 2012, 08:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5120

Amused

I will check if i have some sand in my chests for you.

Also a quarry would be a great idea, so we can strip the area of everything. Will look into that this morning.

If you want somewhere not far from spawn, here is a good spot which is often mined ...

Last edited by HenriDeacon; 1st July 2012 at 09:06 AM.
HenriDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks again !

Thanks for the welcome, Brew. My stuff is mostly temporary. I just needed a base to collect, make, and practice building. I will be tearing down the ugly 'grey' greenhouse as soon as I have a nice supply of food. I like the forest. I'd like to keep my cabin there, but that's about it. The view of the forest from my sphere is nice.

Yesterday someone was chatting about the skeleton spawn. I thought maybe that was what the sign in the basement was for.

-Segreto