The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Minecraft (Public Forum) (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/)
-   -   =cough gag splutter= Bundaberg is NASTY (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/minecraft-public-forum/442803-cough-gag-splutter-bundaberg-nasty.html)

Deweyoxberg 10th July 2012 03:04 PM

=cough gag splutter= Bundaberg is NASTY

Totally 100% off topic but since it was RECOMMENDED by CERTAIN AUSTRALIAN TOGGERS... (Sko, Obsi, and crew)....

I have two words... Q!(@^&^(^Y&Q&*#^&tqtth for recommending it. Good god that stuff is nasty and would take the paint off a car in two seconds flat.

However, I mysteriously do not have a cold...

Coincidence?

Seriously though the one bottle I have is going to last me months... -gaaaaag-

Sorontar 10th July 2012 05:46 PM

Ah, it depends which Bundaberg you drank. There is the non-alcoholic Bundaberg Ginger Beer which I quite like. It is not strong, not too bubbly but has a nice after taste (Bundaberg Brewed Drinks). And there is Bundaberg Rum, which is a alcoholic drink and commonly called Bundy and associated with a polar bear and sport (Bundaberg Rum). Neither Obsi nor I drink this so I cannot make a comment on it, though wikipedia does say "In 1961, the company introduced the polar bear as its unusual choice of mascot, to imply that the rum could ward off the coldest chill."

Sorontar

ps. one of the few military uprisings that ever occurred in Australia was "caused" by rum (Rum Rebellion), so watch it doesn't add you to your government's watch list.

Trowzers 10th July 2012 06:46 PM

Bundy rum and coke is my standard drink. It really depends on taste, but I guarantee you it's also the best cold remedy ever ;)
Bundy is lambasted as a drink for cheap, violent thugs, but I've known dedicated Scotch drinkers to fall for the triple distilled and other higher-end versions. I don't care about it's public image, my personal tastes don't run to whiskey or bourbon, my taste in wine is too expensive, and although I like beer (especially alcoholic ginger beer) I like using Coke as a mixer as with my caffiene sensitivity it means I get a really nice kick ;)

HenriDeacon 10th July 2012 08:19 PM

Yes you should try it with a generous amount of coca cola and ice Dewey :)

It is also very good in fruit mince pies at christmas.

I saw Midnight Oil at the rum distillery, that was a good night :)

Akira Doe 10th July 2012 10:06 PM

Haha, I remember warning you :)

Medieval 10th July 2012 10:13 PM

<- another Bundy drinker here.

Firebrand 10th July 2012 11:24 PM

Stop using coke.

That said, I don't like Bundy Rum either but the special master brewer's edition, Port Barrel Rum is my choice of drink now. Every time I buy a bottle I'm making my friend's collection a little more valuable.

Also stop using coke. I ain't into any cola at all but when you have to mix. try using pepsi max. Do a blind test if you must but you'll only prove me right.

If that fails, schweppes lemonade. (sprite is NOT a lemonade)

And if you weren't receiving a recommendation for Rum at all then definitely drink Bundaberg's Brewed Softdrinks. They are not the Rum people. Quiet separate.

Deweyoxberg 10th July 2012 11:38 PM

I learned my lesson: Never take alcoholic advice from an Aussie. Ever. If you value your life, liver and tastebuds. :P And Sor, it was definitely the bear....

Obsi 11th July 2012 01:34 AM

I would NEVER have recommended you drink bundy :P - I don't drink (So I wouldn't be recommending anything) and on the rare occasion I do drink, it's girly stuff like Midori, or red wine (so I don't even drink anything like it).... and I don't recall any conversations involving alcohol anyway... Must have been someone else.

Quote:

Never take alcoholic advice from an Aussie.
Well we (sadly) created XXXX, so that's probably wise :D

DarkDuck 11th July 2012 08:08 AM

poor Dewey, Bundy Rum is known as a rough rum, to be honast it is a cheap distillery, ie they do not refine the rum, meaning it will rip ya throat out beat ya to death with it!

This is why I prefer the more refined smooth rums (jamacian) but it takes all sorts, and frankly Bundy is great to ward off colds.