Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th July 2012, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1001

Mellow
Cool =cough gag splutter= Bundaberg is NASTY

Totally 100% off topic but since it was RECOMMENDED by CERTAIN AUSTRALIAN TOGGERS... (Sko, Obsi, and crew)....

I have two words... Q!(@^&^(^Y&Q&*#^&tqtth for recommending it. Good god that stuff is nasty and would take the paint off a car in two seconds flat.

However, I mysteriously do not have a cold...

Coincidence?

Seriously though the one bottle I have is going to last me months... -gaaaaag-
Deweyoxberg is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10th July 2012, 05:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9272

Ah, it depends which Bundaberg you drank. There is the non-alcoholic Bundaberg Ginger Beer which I quite like. It is not strong, not too bubbly but has a nice after taste (Bundaberg Brewed Drinks). And there is Bundaberg Rum, which is a alcoholic drink and commonly called Bundy and associated with a polar bear and sport (Bundaberg Rum). Neither Obsi nor I drink this so I cannot make a comment on it, though wikipedia does say "In 1961, the company introduced the polar bear as its unusual choice of mascot, to imply that the rum could ward off the coldest chill."

Sorontar

ps. one of the few military uprisings that ever occurred in Australia was "caused" by rum (Rum Rebellion), so watch it doesn't add you to your government's watch list.

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 74

Cold

Bundy rum and coke is my standard drink. It really depends on taste, but I guarantee you it's also the best cold remedy ever
Bundy is lambasted as a drink for cheap, violent thugs, but I've known dedicated Scotch drinkers to fall for the triple distilled and other higher-end versions. I don't care about it's public image, my personal tastes don't run to whiskey or bourbon, my taste in wine is too expensive, and although I like beer (especially alcoholic ginger beer) I like using Coke as a mixer as with my caffiene sensitivity it means I get a really nice kick

Trowzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5160

Amused

Yes you should try it with a generous amount of coca cola and ice Dewey

It is also very good in fruit mince pies at christmas.

I saw Midnight Oil at the rum distillery, that was a good night
Old 10th July 2012, 10:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 638

Tired

Haha, I remember warning you
Old 10th July 2012, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2201

<- another Bundy drinker here.

Once was known as Stuman
Medieval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1918

Stop using coke.

That said, I don't like Bundy Rum either but the special master brewer's edition, Port Barrel Rum is my choice of drink now. Every time I buy a bottle I'm making my friend's collection a little more valuable.

Also stop using coke. I ain't into any cola at all but when you have to mix. try using pepsi max. Do a blind test if you must but you'll only prove me right.

If that fails, schweppes lemonade. (sprite is NOT a lemonade)

And if you weren't receiving a recommendation for Rum at all then definitely drink Bundaberg's Brewed Softdrinks. They are not the Rum people. Quiet separate.

Memorial Signature pic
Firebrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 11:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1001

Mellow

I learned my lesson: Never take alcoholic advice from an Aussie. Ever. If you value your life, liver and tastebuds. :P And Sor, it was definitely the bear....

Last edited by Deweyoxberg; 10th July 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Deweyoxberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 01:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4026

Cheeky

I would NEVER have recommended you drink bundy :P - I don't drink (So I wouldn't be recommending anything) and on the rare occasion I do drink, it's girly stuff like Midori, or red wine (so I don't even drink anything like it).... and I don't recall any conversations involving alcohol anyway... Must have been someone else.

Quote:
Never take alcoholic advice from an Aussie.
Well we (sadly) created XXXX, so that's probably wise

Obsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 08:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Division Captain
Minecraft
Lethal - Post: 5761 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lurking

poor Dewey, Bundy Rum is known as a rough rum, to be honast it is a cheap distillery, ie they do not refine the rum, meaning it will rip ya throat out beat ya to death with it!

This is why I prefer the more refined smooth rums (jamacian) but it takes all sorts, and frankly Bundy is great to ward off colds.
DarkDuck is offline   Reply With Quote