Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th July 2012, 01:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9163

Default Challenge: La Liste Francais, 14 July

14 July is Bastille Day in France so I have designed a challenge with a French flavour. The idea is that there is a section of Frontier that is now declared to be La Republique Francais de TOG. Any who wish to participate must travel there with empty inventories and endeavour to complete various tasks that are listed below. If you wish, you can use the scoring method to see how many points you get. Take screenshots of your successes where possible and tell us about them.

In addition, the list will include some American aspects in lieu of use not doing anything on July 4.

The area of Frontier is the plains marked on the map below. There is no portal there so you will have to get there the long way.

La liste Francais
  • Vin d'arbre - make a "vineyard" (+10 points)
  • Baking Pain - Make 14 loaves of bread (+5 points)
  • Croissant construction - make a sculpture resembling a croissant (+10 points)
  • Tour de TOG - Make a bicycle sculpture (+10 points)
  • Trivial Tower - Make a 20 block high version of the Eiffel Tower (+20 points)
  • Mini Mansion - Make a two storey mansion out of as many types of stone as you can. Restrict the height to 8 blocks. (construction +10 points, for each different stone +5)
  • Foreign Fortress - Make a fortified building with at least one trap to injure a mob (construction +30 points, trap is automated +5, kill at least one passive mob +5, at least one active mob +10)
  • Foreign Legion - Witness another player killing an aggressive mob whilst they are in your Foreign Fortress (action +10 points)
  • King's blade - kill a mob with a sword (for each type of mob killed +5 points)
  • All for one - kill an agressive mob with two other players using swords (for each type of mob +20 points)
  • Slice above the rest - make a functional guillotoine (construction +30 points)
  • The face of a lady - Make a 10x10 portrait of a woman. (construction +15 points)
The American contingent
  • The face of a man - On a hillside, sculpt the face of a man using natural materials (construction +30 points)
  • Hot dog - burn a wolf/dog in between two rows of wheat (task +15 points)
  • The Lady of Liberty - Make a 20 block high sculpture based on the Staute of Liberty (construction +30 points)
  • Golden Bridge - Make a bridge containing at least two golden blocks (construction +20 points)
  • The ship of hope - Make a small sailing ship (construction +20 points).
  • The native hand - kill a mob with a bow (for each type of mob killed +5 points, if killed from the ship +5)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg French_challenge_map.jpg (65.0 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Sorontar; 14th July 2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: add Foreign Legion
Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14th July 2012, 02:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

I have slightly editted the map. Someone has started building in the middle of the forest to the south. While some wood can be taken from all forests surround La Republique, please respect the area close to any existing constructions.

Sorontar

Old 14th July 2012, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 807

Mellow

Can we import materials?
Deweyoxberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2012, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deweyoxberg View Post
Can we import materials?
No. Like the Australian challenge in January, you are supposed to start from scratch. However, if you want to build a portal and harvest Nether resources once you are in La Republique, you can. You can also use the forests around the area and the water to its east.

I have also added a new task (because I forgot it last night):
Quote:
Foreign Legion - Witness another player killing an aggressive mob whilst they are in your Foreign Fortress (action +10 points)
Sorontar

Last edited by Sorontar; 14th July 2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: add "they are"
Old 14th July 2012, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Also, since Henri tped to me whilst I was in La Republique (and died through falling since I was in the air surveying the area), you can tp to players who are there (with their permission). Getting there isn't really part of the challenge.

Sorontar

Old 14th July 2012, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5113

Amused

Sanzhin and I managed to get through quite a few challenges today.