Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th July 2012, 06:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9122

Who knows what we will end up with. Jens has just teased us with the following, just days before the pre1.3 snapshot is released to modders.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25th July 2012, 07:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 74

Cold

Oooh how did he change the direction of the logs? Such a tease.

Edit: Wait I just tried this in the latest snapshot. Hmm it just counts on your facing direction. Could be a little fiddly, but hey, at least it's progress!

Maybe by 1.4 they will make blocks rotatable by pressing a key while you are holding it rather than facing direction. I'm sure that would be a huge change, but I would love to be able to toggle through a range of facing directions by pressing a key rather than messing around with what way I'm facing and what surface is highlighted. Maybe there would be issues working out which way the block you are holding is facing though. Maybe you could place it but hold the mouse button down, and press a key before you release the mouse to rotate the block in place?

Last edited by Trowzers; 25th July 2012 at 11:32 PM.
Trowzers is offline   Reply With Quote