Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th August 2012, 03:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 319

Default Great mods, skins, and textures...and worlds.

I have only been playing for 6 weeks tomorrow, and the game is awesome, and it keeps getting better every time I play. I think the thing is the ability to create and then finding new ways to create is just a never ending process for those who like those kind of things.

I rarely mod games that work, but Aveege turned me on to Misas texture pack and that changed the way I play the game.
[64x][1.3] Misa's Realistic Texture Pack (UPDATED 1AUG2012) - Minecraft Forum

It'd a HD pack so you need to follow the directions and run MCPatcher. Which is pretty seemless and made my game run better.

After looking around a bit, I found Pulito texture pack. Pulito | Minecraft Texture Packs
This is not a HD pack, but it makes the game world like being in a watercolor painting, cartoon, and a zen garden all at once. I cannot praise this pack enough.

Glimmars Steampunk Pack
Glimmar’s Steampunk Pack | Minecraft Texture Packs
was a great find and has the best lamps and work stations I could find. Great if you like Steampunk or want to make a Firefly world (which I have to do).

Tribble showed me the map mod, but I kept getting a black screen on login, and I followed all the fixes for it, but it just would not run for me. I'll wait till the game and the mod is updated to try it again.

I have not tried any skins... I don't know what they are for... just to see yourself diffently? or can other see you the same way?

I'm sure there are a few threads back in the logs about this stuff, but it's all new to me and I think a few others who are just joining.

I have found that using the texture packs is harmess and very easy to do if you know how to open a .rar or a .zip file.

Also, I found that the minecraft game is in the users folder in a hidden appdata/roaming folder that I now just put on my desktop to have easy access to adding in packs.

This brings me to the last part of the post. Worlds.
After reading the post about the TOG Olympic word and how it will be available for download, I started thinking about this post: (Don't read it all!)
Building Laputa in Minecraft, 100% Legit! - Minecraft Forum

I want to visit this server and a few others that look great.

If you have any suggestions on Textures, Mods, Skins, Worlds (servers) please link them here.

Thanks,

Segreto
segreto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th August 2012, 10:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9128

There are many great themed worlds available. If Bukkit takes a while to update to 1.3, we may download a few to muck around on.

Sorontar

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote