Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th August 2012, 02:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9238

Default How to know when Mojang's servers are having problems

Mojang | Support Center

The front help page now has indicators for each of the Mojang servers used for logins, server checks, skins, and accounts.

This is similar to the indicators we use on Our Worlds - servers, maps, claims, downloads to indicate when the TOG server ports are active, courtesy of our generous hosts, Solutions First (see that page for details on how you can say thanks to them).

So if you have trouble connecting to our servers or simply logging in, you now can easily check Mojang's end.

Sorontar

Sorontar is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10th August 2012, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

It seems that we should expect problems.

Sorry for the Poor Uptime Lately : Minecraft

Quote:
I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the shakiness of the service lately. There's was a couple of nargles with the skin system on my (the web) end for 1.3 that had to be re-written due to other people's code not being able to manage ze load.
We've gone a long way since everything was just one single minecraft.net server, but lately it's gone towards a more tightly coupled ecosystem of instances and services which in most aspects is pretty crepe; SPOF and cascade failures roam freely, burning and pillaging at will. I feel like a camel getting straws put on my back and soon we're nearing some sort of sweet refactoring crusade of the entire architecture to improve service (and also introduce new, unexpected bugs of course…)
Anyway, the Minecraft community is so kind and so patient, you're the best.
Also, you should know that we are not out of the woods yet. Login will probably start crying at around 8:10 GMT tomorrow when the database does it's thing. I haven't had the time to look at failsafes for that today. Also the skin application seems to like to spontaneously go down, which shakes everything. Row row fight the power…
I'd be happy to answer any questions pertaining to this.
xoxo, Tobias.

Old 11th August 2012, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

For instance, servers have been having trouble connecting to verify user id's and register sessions for over an hour.

Sorontar

Old 13th August 2012, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2201

And unfortunately, often when they have problems it also affects the help.mojang.com site showing the service status

Once was known as Stuman
Medieval is offline   Reply With Quote