Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Strategy, RPG and Other Games > Minecraft (Public Forum)

Minecraft (Public Forum) Build it and they will come

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th August 2012, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Ace - Post: 9113

Default Mojang gossip - Notch is single now

It seems that Notch's life takes many turns. He has been alluding to personal issues taking up his time. It seems that part of it may have related to his relationship with his wife, Ez (Elin).

Notch said (https://twitter.com/notch/status/235746965823033345)
Quote:
As of today, I am single. #mixedemotions

(I don't want to share details publicly, just wanted to make an official statement because I for some reason have a wikipedia page)

(god my life has gotten weird very fast)

‏@C418: Will you marry me?

no
From Elin (https://twitter.com/ezchili/status/235829563874226176)
Quote:
Thanks everyone for your nice words. I really appreciate it. <3

Tyler Miller ‏@Chronogene: This is the only time I've ever supported something like this, but I hope you take LOADS of his money, it isn't like he deserves it

He deserves all good things that come his way! He also made an incredible game that obviously is popular.
Their marriage lasted 1 year and 1 or 2 days. I don't know if that is why they are separated now, legally or culturally. Some cultures do allow for short-term marriages (ie. they don't expect them to be long term from the start).

Sorontar, your local reporter on Mojang gossip

Sorontar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16th August 2012, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

On reddit (The reason for slow : 0x10c), Notch said
Quote:
If you saw my tweet yesterday about being single now, that's the reason I haven't had that much inspiration lately to work on a game as big as 0x10c, and hopefully it explains why I haven't spoken much about the reason.

I don't want to sound whiny on twitter, but I thought this excellent subreddit might want to know. I haven't forgotten about you!

Old 17th August 2012, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 1389

wow sif not work it out once you are married to a multi-millionaire.
exekewtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5113

Amused

Well now we need one of our single TOG ladies to snap him up.

Then we would get around a million new players joining the Division...
Old 17th August 2012, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

One just has to hope that the relationship between Jens and his fiancee doesn't change for the worse and he too doesn't get distracted from his work.

Or any of the other now-engaged Mojang employees.

Sorontar

Old 21st August 2012, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ace - Post: 8300 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Too sad

Only a year worth of marriage, in my opinion it should last way longer than that...
Can't help thinking about what can possibly make a very happy couple into two people that can't stand seeing each other in just a year.

Just a note; in Sweden the woman typically doesn't get half of the mans assets like in the US (here we assume that women are capable of supporting themselves, without always having some man paying for them). So trying to snatch Notch up wouldn't help if it's money you're after
GW2 characters:
Little Molok Asura Engineer

"Each day I don't get an attempt on my life by a robot from the future I see as a personal failure"
DaedalusAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedalusAlpha View Post
Just a note; in Sweden the woman typically doesn't get half of the mans assets like in the US (here we assume that women are capable of supporting themselves, without always having some man paying for them). So trying to snatch Notch up wouldn't help if it's money you're after
Yes, what little research I did makes me understand that divorces in Sweden are by default without fault and this conflicts with European law, which wants countries to allow people to use other countries' laws.

But I am relying on info from places like wikipedia, so I can only place that much trust in it. (Divorce law in Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Sorontar

Old 21st August 2012, 02:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 396

No no, the Swede's have some strange laws. You can even be arrested and charged in absence, like Assange. But I am no expert either.

Tough days for Notch, almost seems like things were better for him when he was running the show 100% and stressing like a mad-man.

Hope it doesn't effect his creativity too much and he can get the ball rolling again.
Espesh is offline   Reply With Quote